Triple Shot? Whats the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Shot? Whats the point?

Ok so this is out of a movie (swordfish) but he asks for a triple shot coffee!
    Is there any point and what difference does it make?
    If you had to make a triple shot would you make 3 separate grinds?

Re: Triple Shot? Whats the point?

I would say that is a double shot (double basket) followed by a single shot, extra strong coffee.

Comment

You can get 21g triples that will fit under some commercial machines, plus if you live in the US and drink 16-24 oz buckets of muck from $tirbucks you need triples :P

Comment

A triple basket came with my bottomless group handle; it wont fit in an uncut handle.

Triple shot? Easy!

Comment

But can you pull a good 90mls from it?

Comment

mmm i feeling like one now, too much blood in my caffeine streem

Comment

Originally posted by 5A545956415756380 link=1240557879/4#4 date=1240563618
              Why not?
              If you can get 30 from a single and 60 from a double whats so hard about getting 90 from a triple? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 162A372C262730252D26420 link=1240557879/6#6 date=1240582610
                Originally posted by 5A545956415756380 link=1240557879/4#4 date=1240563618
                Why not?
                If you can get 30 from a single and 60 from a double whats so hard about getting 90 from a triple?  :-?
                All within the 25-30 second time frame too. Thatd be a pretty awesome stream of espresso exiting the PF Spout(s)...

Mal.

Comment

TG the reason I ask is that I use pretty close to a triple basket and am not getting a (quality) 90mls in 30 sec from the puck. If you are I would love to know what I can do to achieve your results.

Comment

moto, we used to have a ECM Michealangelo that had triple baskets which we had 28gms in, and 90ml in 30 sec was beautiful. Are you sure the basket is triple and not just a deep double? how many grams of coffee are you getting into it?

Comment

Depends on your version of triple I would consider 28g to be a quadruple (mine is a little 21g) so I would expect you would be right to push 90ml out of that much coffee. Where can you get 28 g baskets?

Comment

Originally posted by 353B36392E3839570 link=1240557879/8#8 date=1240615011
                        TG the reason I ask is that I use pretty close to a triple basket and am not getting a (quality) 90mls in 30 sec from the puck. If you are I would love to know what I can do to achieve your results.
                        I only use my triple for making iced coffees and dont mind if its not a "perfect" pour so havent measured precisely.
                        My answer was as it was because I believe that if you stick to the the principles and adjust grind and dose there should be no reason why its not possible.

Pioneer Roasters reply appears to back me up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5658555A4D5B5A340 link=1240557879/10#10 date=1240618185
                          Depends on your version of triple I would consider 28g to be a quadruple (mine is a little 21g) so I would expect you would be right to  push 90ml out of that much coffee. Where can you get 28 g baskets?
                          If you do the maths, 28gm is only 9gm per 30ml which to me is a good single dose.

I got the baskets from ECA when they were doing the ECM machines. I would hope they still have some.

Comment

TG just talking from my experience which is not being able to get any more than 60mls from my basket (21g), I have played with many variables including dose, tamp, grind, pressure, and temperature. I was interested because if I could get a good shot out of a bigger basket I would be able to speed up service for my 16 oz strong coffee drinkers (as well as lowering costs a little 28g instead of 42g).

Comment

Originally posted by 323C313E293F3E500 link=1240557879/13#13 date=1240636327
                              TG just talking from my experience which is not being able to get any more than 60mls from my basket (21g), I have played with many variables including dose, tamp, grind, pressure, and temperature
                              Absolutely MC I too have no idea how to get more than 60ml from 21g but then again Im only a learner

Comment

Working...
                              X