Yemen Bani Ismail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemen Bani Ismail

Having read all the positive posts about this bean Im quite curious to give it a shot if any comes in. Anything expected at this time of the year or does this one show up later on?  
    If theres any similarities to the Kenya AA im enjoying at the moment id be interested in a couple of kilos.  

thanks,
    .bill

Re: Yemen Bani Ismail

IMHO Yemen Bani Ismail is way ahead of any Kenya AA!
    Its my top rated bean.

Comment

It is a highly rated bean, but it is also a more expensive bean.
      Last time, I think it was around $25 per kilo, so keep that in mind for budgetary purposes.

Just so happens that I am drinking it right now!
      Similarities to Kenya AA? Well, they are both coffees!

Comment

Hee Hee black market pricing $100/kg+ love this bean and it is stored under lock and key with my Aussie MTE 8-)

Comment

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a treat as a SO espresso. Hopefully it shows up on BeanBay soon so I can sample a bag.

.bill

Comment

It really is.

I still have a small stash but would love to see it up again.

Comment

I have a stash of both
              Kenya AA x 1.5 kg
              Yemen Bani x 2 kg

So you are telling me to roast in moderation
              KK

Comment

Originally posted by 67434A4A49497367435F41432C0 link=1243324767/6#6 date=1243341052
                So you are telling me to roast in moderation  
                Save them. I can keep them safe for you.  ;D

Comment

Sorry Acog but the burglar alarm and the High voltage protection system is being connected before the weekend to my stash

I think I have about 3.5kgs left 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 5057535C545E4B5B5C55320 link=1243324767/8#8 date=1243344487
                    Sorry Acog but the burglar alarm and the High voltage protection system is being connected before the weekend to my stash

I think I have about 3.5kgs left  8-)
                    Man traps are a big NO in many places around the world - but not all... Now if it was a vermin trap ;D

PS..

Rape gates was an issue that I had fun with in PNG and I also had my bike hooked up to a High voltage electric fence as security... From the local horses etc

Oh... One wet night in a rush... I forgot to power down the electric fence... Bugger of a thing had a kick like you would not believe.. I hurt for a week... Oh and I never bothered to get back up and go out... The bike just sat and looked at me 8-)

Comment

Yemen?
                      I love it, many of the fans of a "clean cup" cannot stand it but thats the fun of coffee... different coffees for different people, different moods, different days.

Think of it as the dessert wine of coffee... you might get sick of it all the time but as a treat it can be amazing.

Good news is we are currently roasting samples of the next crop.

Bad news is that it is still at origin so at least 2 months away.

I have a small personal stash but none for BB in either green or roasted Im afraid.

Comment

Thanks Andy

Now I have a timetable for use of my stash...

...if only I can stick to it ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1738322F560 link=1243324767/10#10 date=1243351270
                          Yemen?  
                          I love it, many of the fans of a "clean cup" cannot stand it but thats the fun of coffee... different coffees for different people, different moods, different days.  

Think of it as the dessert wine of coffee... you might get sick of it all the time but as a treat it can be amazing.

Good news is we are currently roasting samples of the next crop.

Bad news is that it is still at origin so at least 2 months away.

I have a small personal stash but none for BB in either green or roasted Im afraid.
                          Thanks Andy   Looking forward to ordering some when it shows up in the future.

.bill

Comment

Just a tip, kafeneo.
                            BE QUICK.

Comment

I still have 7 kg left....

And no....tis all mine. ;D

-Linda

Comment

Working...