What cup size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cup size?

After much research, i have finally purchased my new ACF cups. Opted for the 160ml (I believe intended for long blacks). As i enjoy my coffee a fraction stronger, i plan on using them for flat whites and the very odd cap. Searching initially through the CS threads i noticed there werent to many posts on what size/brand cups people were using. So im interested to hear what everyones using?

So, to get the ball rolling heres mine,

Espresso, Ristretto, Machiatto; Bormiolli Rocco, 100ml glasses
    Latte; Bormiolli Rocco, 220ml glasses
    Flat White, cap; ACF 160ml

Re: What cup size?

ACF 160mL cups for me too! I use them for flat whites.

Bodum Pavina (around 80mL?) for piccolo latte, sometimes put an espresso or doppio ristretto in them.

Some German Demitasse cups that I also use for an espresso or doppio ristretto.

Comment

Maxwell Williams round Demitasse 100ml cups  - only ever use half of it though. 8-)
      Various designed `short black` cups.
      For the milk coffee drinkers that drop in, whatever is in the cupboard - pick your own. :P
      The littel middle white one is my favourite!

Comment

Doppio ristretto piccolo latté--the 100 ml Duralex glasses <----here, full.
        Doppio ristretto--70 ml Bodum Pavina 20-30 ml (P.R. says theyre 80 ml--but only if overflow counts)

Greg

Comment

Hey cmon guys.... :-?

Where are the photos???

Mal.

Comment

This thread is clearly not what I thought it was about.  Oh, well...

I havent bought cups yet, but, for espresso, Im leaning towards some of the tea cups they use here.  Theyre like porcelain shot glasses, only shorter, thinner-walled, and with beautiful designs.  Ideally, Im hoping to find a potter around here and having something custom designed.  I have no clue what thats going to cost.

However, the brown Nouva Point and ACF cups have also caught my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by 7847445C794A42452B0 link=1243935227/5#5 date=1243964509
              This thread is clearly not what I thought it was about.Oh, well...
              ha ha, i had the same thought process, i was looking at some of the Di bella cups, cheap and look good, anyone used them?

Comment

I really dislike drinking espresso out of glass. Ive got this sweet as Malawi-made "village friendly" ristretto cup, which is my absolute favie. Also have a few black Rockingham and brown Nuova Point demitasse. (Actually Im missing two of the latter, I cant find them anywhere).

For flatties/caps - sexy Black ACF Tulips 8-)

Im still to find my perfect syphon/pourover drinking cup ... I wouldnt mind a few of the ACF 300ml bowl shaped cups for that purpose, I think :-? They seem to be hard to track down in Australia.

Comment

Italian Made
                  Torrisi Supermiscela branded

My favourite
                  Left is a 40 ml Demitasse cup
                  Right is a 140 ml Cup
                  Both thick walled

Also regularly use
                  Palaks Latte glasses

Also have
                  Merlo Branded Cappuccino cups  
                  Various other demitasse cups for Greek coffee

I will finish off the collection and buy the Torrisi Cappuccino cups soon

KK

Comment

Nice ones KK.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 54797D717C100 link=1243935227/9#9 date=1244011533
                      Nice ones KK.... 8-)

Mal.
                      36 B Every time...

Comment

I bought some dAncap cups that are a bit old, Ill put some photos up once they get here.

Comment

These cups are maxwell williams.  Nice and heavy so they hold the heat well.  They also steal the heat if not preheated.  100ml I think.

Comment

ACF brown 160ml for latte/caps
                            ACF brown demi 50ml for ristretto/espresso/short mach
                            Bodum 200ml layered glass for latte/flat white

Comment

Oh wow Justin, that is a very sexy shape. Such curves!

Comment

Working...
                              X