Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to Di Bella

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks to Di Bella

    Last Thursday I attended Di Bellas coffee appreciation course with Anne Cooper. Its an excellent course and Id thoroughly recommend it to any CSs in and around Brisbane.

    Ive found I could get so far with reading forums and practicing at home however once I was shown by a professional I could see a marked improvement in my pours.

    Thanks again

  • #2
    Re: Thanks to Di Bella


    Great to hear!

    CS sponsors and their staff are certainly amoung the best in the biz and training with Anne (competition Barista and competition Roaster) is a great way to turbo learn anything coffee.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Thanks to Di Bella

      Ill second that, every sponsor i have been in contact with on this site is almost too helpful!, quite a pleasant change from some of the retail tards you come in contact with day to day, great selection of site sponsors andy, im sure youve turned down a few in your time! lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Thanks to Di Bella

        Originally posted by 6662445D5D5847505F310 link=1245133704/2#2 date=1245156623
        im sure youve turned down a few in your time!
        All too often we have to say "thanks but no thanks"... and boy do I get some grief for that. Even threatened with being taken to consumer affairs a couple of months ago when I said no to a Sydney company and the CEO of an Italian coffee company is stalking me.

        The way I see it, its our sandpit and we can pick who gets to play. Its always great to hear positive feedback on our friendly supporters though.

        8-)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Thanks to Di Bella

          Originally posted by 5679736E170 link=1245133704/3#3 date=1245320964
          Even threatened with being taken to consumer affairs a couple of months ago when I said no to a Sydney company


          I guess that just goes to show you made the right decision Andy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Thanks to Di Bella

            On the Di Bella note: Mike and the rest of the staff at North Melbourne were so nice when I did my free class with them. Im not really sure what they get out giving free classes (other than our eternal gratitude of course)... So much fun, thanks again Di Bella.

            I love the beauty in a cup of coffee that is made by someone who loves to do it and whose expertise is in the art of coffee. I am a lot more selective now about the places I get my coffee. Coffeesnob phase #1 complete lol.

            Andy: Out of curiosity, what do you consider when selecting sponsors?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Thanks to Di Bella

              Originally posted by 3227352E2F23460 link=1245133704/5#5 date=1245399861
              On the Di Bella note: Mike and the rest of the staff at North Melbourne were so nice when I did my free class with them. Im not really sure what they get out giving free classes (other than our eternal gratitude of course)... So much fun, thanks again Di Bella.

              I love the beauty in a cup of coffee that is made by someone who loves to do it and whose expertise is in the art of coffee. I am a lot more selective now about the places I get my coffee. Coffeesnob phase #1 complete lol.

              Andy: Out of curiosity, what do you consider when selecting sponsors?
              ...and whats your blood type and what was on your dinner table last night :-?

              With all due respect Tashie, I reckon thats solely Andys business...

              2mcm

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Thanks to Di Bella

                ah, coffee made with love is the best!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Thanks to Di Bella

                  Originally posted by 3A2F3D26272B4E0 link=1245133704/5#5 date=1245399861
                  Andy: Out of curiosity, what do you consider when selecting sponsors?
                  Hmmm,

                  Should have thought that was obvious tashie... Or havent you had the opportunity and pleasure of dealing with some of our Sponsors as yet?

                  Mal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Thanks to Di Bella

                    Originally posted by 6C41454944280 link=1245133704/8#8 date=1245406142
                    tashie wrote on 19.06.2009 at 18:24:21:
                    Andy: Out of curiosity, what do you consider when selecting sponsors?

                    Hmmm,

                    Should have thought that was obvious tashie... Or havent you had the opportunity and pleasure of dealing with some of our Sponsors as yet?

                    Mal.
                    Too right, Mal. Goodwill goes a long way and I cant think of a better way to hook budding coffee snobs than offering free lessons on their newly prized espresso machines. It certainly won me over!

                    Happy Di Bella Squirrel

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Thanks to Di Bella

                      thanks for the great feedback and generous plugs.... cannot do a great job without a great team... and i am very lucky to have one of australias best teams in the coffee industry.....

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X