Sydney Meetup / Coffee Crawl- Sat 25/07/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Meetup / Coffee Crawl- Sat 25/07/09

Not sure when the last sydney meetup/coffee crawl was, but does anyone have any interest in getting together for a coffee consumption / taste-off session or similar? Was thinking that the last one went very well, but the crawl part can be a bit exhausting. If we got some single origins + a few machines to a spot in the city (possibly my office) and did some tastings etc, got some sandwiches delivered........

Thinking a saturday 10-4 thing....anyone interested?

Re: Sydney Meetup / Coffee Crawl

I would definitely be interested! Saturday suits well.

Lets make the first one at cuppacoffee this Friday night
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1246407934

Comment

Friday night is a bit too much short notice for me but I would be interested. From a quick search of CS am I correct that the last meetup was actually a roast-off organised or coordinated by Dennis of Cuppacoffee? If so, is this the intended format for the one youre proposing, Id?

Comment

Im in Sydney for the school holidays...any chance of it being organised for then?

Comment

sorry to be an idiot, but when are the school holidays?

Comment

Okay,

If we were to say next saturday 11th July, who could actually make it?

If I can get a lift from Ashfield to Chippendale, I can bring the Galatea + Macap M4 and put them alongside a VDM Domobar Super + ECA KS.

can anyone else bring a machine? or a syphon?

/me looks at yeeza hopefully

.........we could get half a dozen blends together and do blind tastings, or run single origins, do extraction/latte work or just sit around drinking and chatting about coffee. Im happy to chuck in $20-30 of beans, but we may need more to make the day work well - I suggest that we use it as a mix and match opportunity. Perhaps one of the sponsors wants to pop down with some single origins?

As more people are interested and confirm interest, well get the shape of the day more sorted out.

(My office is on Myrtle Street, Chippendale, which is directly round the corner from Tobys Estate on City Road - and has enough space for...up to 20 people at a push!). Probably wed have a wet area and a dry area as unfortunately its not an open space like denniss old warehouse! however, it does have the advantage of being very close to the CBD.

John

Comment

Sorry John...the school holidays start for public schools as of Friday the 10th.

Sadly, well be traveling down to Sydney on the 11th so I wont be able to join in.

Comment

John,

Should we make it the Sunday so scoots can join??

Ben

Comment

ill show interest to, not sure till day is confirmed

not sure what day is better for me? :-?

whats car parking like at the proposed venue?

can / could bring
                  brasilia grinder (rocky sized thing)
                  rossy RR45 grinder
                  and the Brasilia Lady  (silvia sized)
                  could put the Lady up on a shot test against the others if wanted?
                  happy to chip in $$ for beans or bring some from northern beaches area (north Sydney etc)

the CariMali Gamma 2 group will not be up and running by then (i think?)

Be good to get a silvia up against them to?

Comment

bjeck...dont make it Sunday just for me! Ive pretty much got that Sunday booked up already anyhow...

But, if you wanted to try for the following Saturday...thatd suit!

Comment

Could be a wired weekend with Aroma on the Sunday!!

Comment

Oh yes...forgot about that!

Comment

Originally posted by 4865646F75687578010 link=1246442547/5#5 date=1246549903
                          * Identity looks at yeeza hopefully
                          Would have loved to be able to make it, but Ive got a mates wedding on that day and then my soccer game in the arvo. And yeah, I would have brought <----------that, and a few other toys to play with.

Comment

Hi all

I can prob make most days, so just letting you know Im interested.

Mike

Comment

Okay, who can make Saturday 25th? or the weekend after?

Comment

Working...
                              X