Sunbeam sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam sucks!

I got the following email today.  It appears that Welly doesnt think CoffeeSnobs can be trusted with a service manual.

Sheeze!  It would be different if it was a document that we were editing but as a PDF it is still their original document, CSrs would have just been using it to save a warranty call.  You would think that would save Sunbeam money... besides they get plenty of free exposure here.

SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  
    SUNBEAM SUX  

I dont know who uploaded it but I have removed it.

If you need a copy Im sure a query in this thread might source a copy from another CSr direct.

Grrrr!

====================================

Thu 9/07/2009 10:57 AM
    WKhouw@sunbeam.com.au

Andy,

My name is Welly Khouw and work for Sunbeam Corporation Limited.

I noticed that you have a copy of the service manual of EM6910 as per link below.
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachments/EM6910.pdf

Please note that the documentation is confidential and commercially sensitive. Can you please take it of your website immediately.

Thanks

Regards,
    Welly Khouw [ch35377][ch20553][ch21033]
    Service Manager, Sunbeam Corporation Limited
    Tel: +61 (2) 9695-8911, Fax: +61 (2) 8336-9877, Email: wkhouw@sunbeam.com.au

Re: Sunbeam sucks!

Tell us what you really think Andy haha ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 5E42425D46270 link=1247127310/1#1 date=1247127768
      Tell us what you really think Andy haha ;D
      I get it...Sunbeam are scared that some other company will want to steal their I.P to produce a range of unreliable appliances that look like theirs and fall to bits as well...:

Also, how can they charge big bux to do trivial work if an owner has the service manual.... :-?

Comment

A Service Manual ... Really???

I have seen some pdfs of parts and a layout.... with some basic electrics...

But a MANUAL...

If someone actually has a SERVICE manual... Please drop me a PM...

I would like to compare 8-)

If it was very detailed and went into heavy technical stuff that would be usefully to other manufacturers.. I could understand...

But a exploded document of parts..

Created in MS word - 4/6/2008 EM6910.doc...

Comment

I knew it... :

;D

Comment

Originally posted by 485854544F5A645C5A573B0 link=1247127310/4#4 date=1247129717
            I knew it...
            thought of you!

Originally posted by 7A555C5E49765A555A5C5E565E554F3B0 link=1247127310/3#3 date=1247129354
            But a exploded document of parts..
            Yeah, that was my point. It was nothing you couldnt find with a screwdriver (or as I now recommend, a big hammer)

8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 7659534E370 link=1247127310/0#0 date=1247127310
              Thu 9/07/2009 10:57 AM
              WKhouw@sunbeam.com.au

Andy,

My name is Welly Khouw and work for Sunbeam Corporation Limited.

I noticed that you have a copy of the service manual of EM6910 as per link below.
              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachments/EM6910.pdf

Please note that the documentation is confidential and commercially sensitive. Can you please take it of your website immediately.

Thanks

Regards,
              Welly Khouw [ch35377][ch20553][ch21033]
              Service Manager, Sunbeam Corporation Limited
              Tel: +61 (2) 9695-8911, Fax: +61 (2) 8336-9877, Email: wkhouw@sunbeam.com.au

Actually a very poor request and not worded in the manner that one might expect form a company as big as Sunbeam.... Pleasant and an attempt to not come across too heavy handed.... But lacking true professionalism and client focus.

On looking at the document - there really is nothing that indicates true copy write and or that it is confidential !!!! As to it being commercially sensitive, I think some one was drinking Pablo and should have had their morning coffee from a Sunbeam EM6910.

I mean who wants to know who did the drawings and who checked (Kaing and Robert) and that is was done by the GEW Corporation Pty ltd.. IN 2006 and that the Elect schematics was in 2004...

OH... Google... That public investigative tool

Comment

Might start calling them out for every little squeak out of place since my machine is still under warranty. Thats right, water leaks slightly out of hot water spout every time i pour a coffee. Time for a phone call rather than looking to ask here and fix it myself.

Comment

May I please ask

Is BIG Brother (Sunbeam) watching Coffee Snobs [smiley=huh.gif]
                  if so can we charge them for the service we provide
                  I mean to say how many mods have we invented for them so far

KK

Comment

Not just that, KK...but how many service calls have we saved them by helping their customers out? How many machines have we sold for them here by advising potential new owners? Seriously...Andy should be getting sponsorship money from them and justly deserved, IMHO. Rather than getting such a rude and stupid email instead.

If anything, Andy would well be within his own rights to just delete every single Sunbeam thread here...

(and I would not care if he did...) :

Comment

Given that the manual is probably not too hard to find elsewhere, what would happen if we just told Sumbeans to go take a flying?

Give it to BT and just host a link :

Comment

Originally posted by 4C5C50504B5E60585E533F0 link=1247127310/10#10 date=1247141265
                        If anything, Andy would well be within his own rights to just delete every single Sunbeam thread here...

(and I would not care if he did...) :
                        Yes and it would save 50% of CS data storage space ;D

KK

Comment

Inconceivable!!!!

Coupled with the lack of reliablility of their products in general, I agree: Sunbeam SUCsssssssssssssssssss

Comment

Originally posted by 12020E0E15003E06000D610 link=1247127310/10#10 date=1247141265
                            Not just that, KK...but how many service calls have we saved them by helping their customers out? How many machines have we sold for them here by advising potential new owners? Seriously...Andy should be getting sponsorship money from them and justly deserved, IMHO. Rather than getting such a rude and stupid email instead.

(and I would not care if he did...)  :

But the the rest of us would get board and have a life... ;D > 8-) :-?

Every new purchase, where some one has teh internet and CS gets bombarded with the same questions over and over again...

I am happy to help out... Where I can and in most cases it is about users not understanding the complexity of coffee...

I also feel for those on teh SB help desk.. Most may not even have a machine and get told to follow a script... What they should all say is...

Come back after your SB training session... if you still have a problem.

Less stress for all.

As to...

Originally posted by 09001B0209040C610 link=1247127310/8#8 date=1247132339
                            would like to say that Service Manuals most certainly can be commercially sensitive and depending on the product category, downright dangerous in the wrong hands without the correct training.
                            I fully agree... Some times it is what is not said - Test equipment / Methods / etc and the implied prerequisites / skill sets that that are required before a service manual even makes sense...

However in this case.. It is a parts list and a rough schematic.. Nothing that most other manufacturers dont already provide on the web page alongside the Users manual...

If it was a REAL service manual it would have txt and instructions and test points and calibration information etc etc.. It does not.. Oh... And no prices either :-/ :

Comment

Originally posted by 015E46505B505C555556565E525D330 link=1247127310/11#11 date=1247141405
                              Given that the manual is probably not too hard to find elsewhere, what would happen if we just told Sumbeans to go take a flying?

Give it to BT and just host a link :
                              e-mule  

Problem with this thread is the the equipment is not that bad... I know... But its like ya first love... Some times ya can not let go :-*

The issue is that users expect it to be simple... Get sold a line of "words" by a white goods sales person and then the average user get pissed that they spent hundreds on something that does not work... When in fact the blame is not always with teh machine...

What we should do is actually look at it from a Quality perspective...

Come on TG; jump in...

AT the end of the day it comes down to a marketing issue and many sales agent pushing something they know little about..

We should be focused on driving changes to the way SB do business and or support / Not support their product... As well a getting users to feedback to SB that it does not make coffee / take out the garbage and feed the cat... As they had been told it would..

SUNBEAMS SUCKS in their new approach to end user support... :-[

Their products are not that bad...

Thus there is a risk when purchasing a Sunbeam Coffee Machine... :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X