Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - 9th August

Hi ALL.

Do not have a date in mind nor a place (My back yard could work out) but I am interested in a gathering of sorts.

1: New and old hands

2: Parts and other crap to swap / sell / talk about

3: Roasters -
    • a: KKTO / HT etc welcome to run and show off / assist others
    • b. Bean swap for those into that sort of thing..

4: A coffee or two...  I understand GJ will deliver if we ask  

We could hit up a park, but power can be an issue  :

If some one has contacts and can get access to power at a park or other  suitable grounds and enough are interested...  

Then who knows...   Could start of out own CS Coffee meet..   Not unlike the Computer markets.

Anyway... Make your intrest known and if a Sat or Sunday is preferred.

AT the end of the day... If its just me...  Thats ok  :-[

NOTE: My place is about 75M from Melrose Park, so if the others want to come with you... Ya can drop them off at a safe place... My yard will be fully of hot equipment and may not be safe for little ones.

Re: Brisbane get together - swap meet / roast off

I would be interested in a Sunday meet.

Comment

Re: Brisbane get together - swap meet / roast off

Yes me too.

Comment

Re: BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off

I am easy with both days as long as its not to early or B/4 - 9.00am

However I am on 24 hour call if an emergency comes up
        (but I have been lucky as I havent had one call this year)

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 587C757576764C587C607E7C130 link=1248858519/3#3 date=1248868804
          I am easy with both days as long as its not to early or B/4 - 9.00am

However I am on 24 hour call if an emergency comes up
          (but I have been lucky as I havent had one call this year)

KK

KK Saturday is not a good one for me either

As for B4 10:00am Well, if we get a few interested then depending on where it is... Any earler would be an impost on many...

I mean, I have to do teh washing / make breakfast / hang the cloths out / Make a coffee and clean up B4 I am allowed out... Let alone the other non G Rated duties I have to perform of a Sunday morning :-[

Thus I would suggest a start at about 10:am and if there is about 10 - 15 people ... I can do here at home / back yard...

Any more than that, and we will need to find a Hall or some other place were we can gather... Or meet here and discuss if we should work on something more substantial in teh future ?

Comment

I am interested - but working this weekend. free next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 00233636234C0 link=1248858519/5#5 date=1248870185
              I am interested - but working this weekend. free next weekend.

Would suggest a Sunday and in about 2 or 3 weeks time... Say the 9th or 16th of August.

Comment

I may be in town the week of the 24th of August. If you can wait until then I can try and be there on the sunday. if Im invited, being a melbournite nall......

Comment

Originally posted by 507F7674635C707F7076747C747F65110 link=1248858519/6#6 date=1248902273
                  Say the 9th or 16th of August.
                  I am not working the weekend of the 9th August - so would suit me.
                  Looking forward to anyhting going on. I enjoyed meeting the few members at Veneziano last Saturday.

Comment

Id love to come, any weekend except the weekend of the 22-23th, my sons 5th Bday!, maybe we could bring a plate of food each too, have a feed, drink some coffee, relax.....just brilliant! AM your backyard would prolly be the way to go.....promise we wont mess teh house

Comment

I could make the 9th

Comment

Originally posted by 6D58414B1F1E280 link=1248858519/10#10 date=1248916138
                        I could make the 9th
                        Epic, as you may be in town and coming from so far away..

I am going to try to make a call and lets call it the 9th..

Originally posted by 494B474F4F41465B280 link=1248858519/7#7 date=1248905249
                        I may be in town the week of the 24th of August. If you can wait until then I can try and be there on the sunday. if Im invited, being a melbournite nall......

You said it Southerners

As per above... Epic has been a staunch supporter of CS and our Coffee team that went to the USA... In addition, unless he is moving back to QLD... I guess this is a chance to catch up with a few of us.

However, I am sure we can arrange a Coffee etc on the 24th, just for you

Drop me a pm etc and we can work something out.

So at this stage;

Epic76,
                        WSully,
                        Koffee Kosmo,
                        Lozzo,
                        bwilks,
                        dariush,

Comment

Re: BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - 9th August

Well then...Im sure therell be a gloria jeans open the weekend Im up.

Comment

Originally posted by 282A262E2E20273A490 link=1248858519/12#12 date=1248933077
                            Well then...Im sure therell be a gloria jeans open the weekend Im up.  
                            At our meet, I am sure that;

Epic76,
                            WSully,
                            Koffee Kosmo,
                            Lozzo,
                            bwilks,
                            dariush, and
                            others....

Will be happy to toss a few cents in the jar to get you a  syrup or two to be added to the swill of your choice  

I think Vs are open on a Sunday and the local is; but my daughter would be likely to be on duty and charge you double  ;D

PS:
                            Id love to come, any weekend except the weekend of the 22-23th, my sons 5th Bday!, maybe we could bring a plate of food each too, have a feed, drink some coffee, relax.....just brilliant! AM your backyard would prolly be the way to go.....promise we wont mess teh house

Was going to suggest to the wife that she does all the food and snacks... Then thought about it and shut my trap ;D

As per the first post.. Only 75M from Melrose park, so for those not into coffee; they can go and enjoy their time just around the corner.

Comment

Unfortunately, I cant make it on the 9th as Ill be representing a Govt department at the EKKA. doh.

Hopefully I can make it next time

Comment

Working...
                              X