Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone bring with them on trips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone bring with them on trips?

Hello

Just wondering what everyone brings with them when they go on holidays?

I carted my Silvia and Rocky on a road trip a few months back and my friends thought I was crazy.
    The next morning, they were quietly appreciative of my efforts when everyone had a decent latte instead of blend 43.

Would be interested to hear what extent others have done.

Re: What does everyone bring with them on trips?

The wife & I recently took a 7 day car trip & brought the Hario NCA 5/Zess Knee Mill/water kettle/home roast. Just bought an Elektra MCaL w/alloy case so next time we will have espresso at the hotel. Thinking about setting the station wagon up with a 120v converter box so we can pull shots while camping. Now I just need to find a travel case for my older (small body) SJ.

Comment

Carted my Rossi RR45 with me on a few trips, get some wide eyed looks when it comes out but improves everyones plungers etc immensely. Havent a portable espresso just yet but give it time ;D

Comment

I used to take my La San Marco Domus on weekends/weeks in the country--providing there was electricity and a kitchen. I once hauled it to Kangaroo Island.

Now that my home machine weighs 24 kg dry I take the Aeropress and Kyocera.

Greg

Comment

Aeropress & Kyocera, takes up no space at all

Almost forgot, I take beans as well and the sniffer dogs at customs enjoy the aroma as much as we do :

Warren....

Comment

We have just come back from 2 weeks in Queensland. Brrrr are we feeling the cold. We took our Aeropress, Delonghi KG 100 grinder and some roasted Mocha Java Decaff from Bean Bay. Along the way we bought some roasted beans from C.S sponsors.

Comment

Recent trip to Hong Kong--Kenya roasted for plunger and pre-ground at home, plunger for two, very enjoyable each morning!!

Comment

If its a trip where Im driving, I always take my Pavoni lever machine and my Big Monster - the Fiorenzato Doge grinder.

Camping, Ive been known to take a moka pot to use on the gas burner, with a hand grinder. One trip, after a particularly exhausting hike I went for an arvo nap.... woke up around 8 hours later at midnight :-?... Hmmmm... time for coffee : ... fired up the burner and moka pot and then heard the exclamations from several tents around the site "Is that coffee I can smell?" Sorry for getting off topic.

Comment

aah nothing like the smell of coffee at midnight to warm the soul or bring on insomnia.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4F525F54534452535A0F043D0 link=1249079631/0#0 date=1249079631
                    Just wondering what everyone brings with them when they go on holidays?

Would be interested to hear what extent others have done.
                    If were driving, up until this year, Silvia and Rocky came with us. Coffs Harbour, Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains, Mt Gambier and Adelaide. We take them everywhere and are our "kids" ... when theres a rattle "quiet back there you kids!"  :P :P

This year when we went to the Blue Mountains with a group of 10, this is what we had -

plus Id only just bought my Gene so I took that too for us all to have a play with. Just a little bit overboard, perhaps.  

Comment

So let me clarify, you took not 1, not two, but THREE grinders with you on vacation? Plus the pourovers?

Was there a roaster stashed in the back too? oh, you answered that one already

Comment

well, yes. ;D

It was supposed to only be 2 grinders, one for pourover and the other for espresso, but I forgot when packing the car and put Rocky in anyway. We drank a bit of coffee that weekend, only matched by the amount of booze we drank. 8-)

Comment

On past camping & fishing trips Ive always taken a mocha pot and pre-ground. Even stale pre ground smells wonderful at the crack of dawn in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Went camping over new years with 120 mates I took my Rancilio S24 and Mazzer Super Jolly with me along with around 6kg of home roast but I had to revert to super market coffee after a couple of days because I ran out of stock!

Comment

Did you take a generator?

Comment

Working...
                              X