Now thats a big cuppa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now thats a big cuppa!!!

A 1 Liter Latte macchiato anyone? From http://www.derwaldgeist.de/cms/website.php?id=/startseite.htm

Java "Did Texas somehow get transplanted to Germany?!" phile

Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Re: Now thats a big cuppa!!!

Imagine the machine that poured it!, 180mm/ 186g synesso basket, and 7.5kg pullman tamper turned from a cannonball......

Comment

Where does the Texas is such a large place come from?
      As a whole the US is larger than Australia (9.2 million km2 compared to 7.7 million km2, however Texas would only come in 6th in size if it were over here.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_list_of_Australian_states_and_territories#B y_area

Comment

they have 50 states, we have 8......

Comment

Sully that was kind of my point.

Comment

Everythings bigger in Texas! ;D I dont think Java was saying that Texas is a big state... :-/

Comment

8 states?????

Comment

Originally posted by 7E657A7962657E0A0 link=1251069987/6#6 date=1251076095
                8 states?????
                6 states 2 territories to be technical....

Comment

Originally posted by 2C3C30302B3E00383E335F0 link=1251069987/5#5 date=1251076023
                  Everythings bigger in Texas! ;D I dont think Java was saying that Texas is a big state... :-/
                  I didnt mean to suggest that Javaphile was.
                  Its just a comment I have seen several times on different forums / message boards which suggests that everything about Texas (including its size) is so big when to us it wouldnt seem to be.
                  An example of this is several Texan ranches competing to be the biggest in the world. Now wiktionary defines a ranch as:
                  A large plot of land used for raising cattle, sheep, or other livestock.
                  So surely Anna Creek Station in SA would be the largest ranch in the world at nearly 6 million acres (or 24,000km2?

Comment

Originally posted by 20282721297376420 link=1251069987/7#7 date=1251076655
                    6 states
                    ..and they would be:

confusion
                    delirium
                    impoverishment
                    panic
                    blissfully ignorant, and
                    arrogant

Comment

well yes 6 states 2 territories is correct, i acknowledge, i have lived in them all except Tazy, what was this post about originally........ ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 777275757A7E751B0 link=1251069987/8#8 date=1251077571
                        suggests that everything about Texas (including its size) is so big
                        I think this is a moot point, linnean. Javaphile is from the US and over there, everythings big in Texas is a common saying; its not a "were bigger than you" assertion.

If you want to get technical, then I believe Alaska is the largest US state but at 1.7mill sq km is still not as big as WA (2.1 million sq km)

Comment

Wow, thats a big coffee......

Comment

Must be because the US is a male dominated country with over inflated egos (apologies to JP & others):-

"Mines bigger than yours, no mines bigger than yours!"

(referring to oversized lattes that is, of course!)

In Australia, we have our men whipped into a much meeker and self-effacing frame of mind...

"My ristrettos smaller than your piccolo latte" as mano et mano whip out their smallest drinking vessel to a smattering of applause by the female audience.

Comment

Over here the phrase Every things bigger in Texas! is typically said with ones tongue firmly in ones cheek while ones foot is metaphorically firmly planted against the cheek of anyone who would actually utter such a phrase as if it were true.

Java "Thats still a big cuppa!" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X