Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Assignment

Hi coffee lovers,

I have an assignment about the repositioning of marketing of Vittoria coffee by the Cantarella Bros.

I have surfed all the available publicised sites I could find-

However, i cannot find the information that i need like sales performance, market share and other coffee related information.

I was hoping you coffee gurus could help me?

Re: Coffee Assignment

Not sure what your assignment is for, but that sort of information is not likely to be in the public domain. You would need to contact the company, explain your reasons and ask them.

Comment

There is some very interesting / relevant information in Phil Di Bellas book (avail in Bean Bay) or I assume from DiBella which contains some pretty good info on the Australian Coffee Marketing Landscape

Comment

You may also want to contact Vittoria directly, as they may be able to provide you more information.

Comment

Actually, i was told NOT to contact Vittoria coffee.
          My lecturer said , the information should be available in public domain.
          I tried www.abd.gov.au (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
          and Euromonitor but they both require me to pay for their information

I am basically doing a marketing plan for Vittoria coffee (for my marketing class) focusing on repositioning.

Comment

Try here

EDIT: Sorry, wrong year but ....

A search on Cantarello Bros may be more rewarding but you may want to check news feeds and perhaps business forums

Comment

Ok coffee lovers, didnt quite find what im looking for but, thank you for your help, appreciate it !! ;D

Comment

lol full page ad in the NSW sunday telegraph paper

buy 1kg Vittoria get one free at WOW,

they are trying to reposition all right, trying people to actually but their coffee.....

Comment

My lecturer said , the information should be available in public domain.

That may be his opinion but not fact.

I have found that a lot of teachers set assignments without know if the answers are out there.

You may need to go back to the lecturer and point out your research results and ask for more guidance.

------------

lol full page ad in the NSW sunday telegraph paper

buy 1kg Vittoria get one free at WOW,

I saw that too and wondered what the last of that 2kg would taste like.

Comment

Yes i spotted that advertisement also.

Only i wondered if it would be any good at all?

Vittoria USED to be exceptable back in the days when i though Lavazza was the coffee to have in my cheapa$$ sunbeam... my how the mighty have fallen :-/ vittoria that is not me lol ;D

Comment

Thunder god, you are so feisty

Comment

Hi cg

As you probably know, Vittoria is privately owned, and therefore doesnt have an obligation to broadcast information publicly.

You might try some searches on the MD, Les Schirato and find info like this...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23814787-5010800,00.html

Then contact The Australian for back issues of the weekend mag they refer to in that article.

Of course, you could contact Les himself. Hed probably be chuffed to know about your research and generous with his answers.

Cheers!

Comment

Im an auditor.
                          It comes with the territory.
                          I deal in facts not opinions.
                          A good lecturer should be the same.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 073B263D373621343C37530 link=1251682694/12#12 date=1251784416

Im an auditor.
                            It comes with the territory.

Good luck with it.
                            Here Here TG..

Some observe a process or activity and record their opinions and recollections which is then re produced and then used by others as fact.. When it is only hearsay... Unless you can be defined as an expert witness and it is your opinion...

wiki - An expert witness or professional witness is a witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the witnesss specialized (scientific, technical or other) opinion about an evidence or fact issue within the scope of their expertise, referred to as the expert opinion, as an assistance to the fact-finder.[1] Expert witnesses may also deliver expert evidence about facts from the domain of their expertise

Having had to give Expert technical evidence etc it is very interesting as to teh law and the separation between Fact / Opinion and Hearsay ;D

Best of luck coffee_girl and remember... Try to find comments, facts and opinions etc that not only support but importantly; also question or refute what is being said.. The truth is often in ya face, but is silent. You just need to know how to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1529342F252433262E25410 link=1251682694/12#12 date=1251784416
                              Id have to disagree with that. If Educators (and we) only dealt with facts there would be no Masters, PHDs, and probably only one way to roast and prepare coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X