what do you do with your waste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do with your waste?

hey, im just wondering what you all do with your coffee grounds? can you stick them in the compost?

Re: what do you do with your waste?

Originally posted by 6F7A7777767A752C291B0 link=1252232781/0#0 date=1252232781
    hey, im just wondering what you all do with your coffee grounds? can you stick them in the compost?
    Yes
    or
    Create Puck Art

KK

Comment

Yes, I put mine in the compost and also my worm farm. You can also sprinkle grounds around plants where snails are a problem.

Comment

We break them up and put them on the roses. Dont know if it does any good, but it hasnt killed them :-/

Comment

Ha ! pimp the rose bush eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by 494A59594E472B0 link=1252232781/3#3 date=1252233829
            We break them up and put them on the roses.Dont know if it does any good, but it hasnt killed them  
            From what Ive read, coffee grounds are quite alkaline and roses love alkaline soil. So, it appears that youve done the right thing.

Comment

Ditto from me. The roses are doing very well on the coffee grounds mulch. The quality of the pliability of the soil also improves. The Blue Wrens do not mind the smell as they still hop about chasing their meals.

Comment

Originally posted by 6368637B706D3735020 link=1252232781/5#5 date=1252240801
                Originally posted by 494A59594E472B0 link=1252232781/3#3 date=1252233829
                We break them up and put them on the roses.Dont know if it does any good, but it hasnt killed them  
                From what Ive read, coffee grounds are quite alkaline and roses love alkaline soil. So, it appears that youve done the right thing.
                Thats interesting, we were putting it on our cicads and it made them very sick So Ive been throwing it on the bracken up the back but its been unaffected.
                Does this mean it will also turn your hydrangas blue?

Comment

I was putting it on my hydrangeas when they were blooming over summer and they came ou the prettiest Purple, turned to mauve, turned to blue and then light blue. So a big thumbs up from me on the Hydrangeas.

My worst mistake was putting them on the roses in the pot far too much - it all ended up compacting and the water couldnt work its way through, so I ended up having to dig it out and now I only put it on them thinly.

I worked out that my grass tree definitely didnt like it, so maybe its the native shrubs in general that dont like coffee.

Cheers
                  Di

Comment

Wonder what would happen if you put pucks on tea plants?

Comment

I generlly put it on a round flast dish such as a pot plant saucer and let it dry and sit around for a week. Dont let it get moldy though.

Then i scatter it either around the outside of my vegi patch or near the base of my coffee plants. i was tipping my espresso machine waste water over the edge of my balcony before i figured out the cycads below didnt like it much so now i tip it on the "chunky" side of my mulch patch.

Comment

I have read  that coffee grounds are good for making hydrangeas blue.  And also that hydrangeas require an acid soil to allow the aluminium in the soil to be made available to the plant. It is the aluminium that is necessary to produce the blue pigment.

Comment

Originally posted by 625B454B71692E0 link=1252232781/10#10 date=1252401087
                          Then i scatter it either around the outside of my vegi patch or near the base of my coffee plants.
                          Putting coffee grinds on coffee plants? Isnt that how mad cow disease started? :P

Cant wait till I get my own place, I want to start a produce garden so I have somewhere to put my grinds!

Comment

Originally posted by 303A3932352F22373E355B0 link=1252232781/12#12 date=1252533348
                            Putting coffee grinds on coffee plants? Isnt that how mad cow disease started?
                            Oh dear?!?!?!

Comment

Cellulite reducer?

*ducks*

http://www.curbly.com/DIY-Maven/post...coffee-grounds

Comment

Working...
                              X