Coffee Course in NZ all welcome !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Course in NZ all welcome !

Well its a sad day when I have to run a coffee course, but up here in the winterless north (Whangarei) I am just over complaining about lack of passion to make even a drinkable cup (dont get me started). Anyway so Mr know it all (me) decided Ill have a crack at it and I have got a local barista trainer/hospitality shop owner :-/ to help me with it. I am running 30 minutes on pour over and a 30 minute home roast demo and he is doing espresso and equipment sales and service. Got a questionaire/feedback form to find our what people would really like to learn about next so we can plan ahead.
    Even if we just end up with a club for regular meet ups, that would be awesome.
    Wish me luck, should be heap of fun ! and if anyone wants to come over and have a play that would be fantastic.

Coffee Course:
    Crossroads Community Church, 10 Mill Rd, Regent, Whangarei, NZ
    Sat 17th October 1.30pm-3.30pm

1) Manual Brewing methods
    2) Espresso making
    3) Home roasting
    4) Equipment sales and service

Ill let you know how we go

Chris

Re: Coffee Course in NZ all welcome !

Good luck with that Chris! I hope you get some people along!

Comment

Have 11 confirmed and 5 maybes, hoping for 25-30. Still a little way off so should fill the gaps. Cheers SG !

Chris

Comment

Update: Over 25 registered, still got 10 maybes on the list and 3 people wanting a different date, so should be able to run another shortly after the first.
        Still a few weeks away yet :-/

Chris

Comment

Allow plenty of time for questions, I have run a couple of courses with only 8 and we went over time massively due to all the questions. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Moto,
            The guy helping me says that too and wants me to stop accepting people. Hopefully we are just going to touch on 4 topics, drink some coffee and then run specific courses at another date. I have some questionaires for them to fill out to collect data on exactly they are interested in even if its just running a regular get together for coffee tasting etc.
            Thanks for that will take on board

Comment

Re: UPDATE Coffee Course in NZ all welcome !

All done, went well "I think" we ended up with 31 people including 2 fulltime baristas and a professional roaster !

Heres a link from one of the participants

http://www.paisleyjade.com/2009/10/coffee-heaven.html

Cheers

Chris

Comment

PS: Big thanks to my family (I think the baking may have overshadowed the coffee) also to Steve Agi for supplying a couple of boxes of the Bean Scene and to CS of course for the madness ;D

Comment

A couple of pictures..........first person 45 mins early (a good sign). Second picture, home roasting my second topic of the day.
                  Even the local rag turned up, got a nice cheesy photo of me by all accounts and a bit of an interview over the phone today, so the old local rag must be a bit thin on events at present. ;D

Chris

Comment

Well done..

Many CSs turn up for support OR to heckle ?

Trust it all went well and that you will be in a position to do more..

AM

Comment

Cheers AM, only know of 3 CSrs in NZ, sad but true. Yep we are looking at what to do next time round.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 312627392C2D26727172430 link=1252617023/10#10 date=1255850108
                        Cheers AM, only know of 3 CSrs in NZ, sad but true. Yep we are looking at what to do next time round.

Chris
                        Answer : Coffee Snobs New Zealand chapter

KK

Comment

another Kiwi here

does that make 4?

Comment

At least !

Comment

Originally posted by 3621203E2B2A21757675440 link=1252617023/10#10 date=1255850108

Chris
                              AND

Originally posted by 233132440 link=1252617023/12#12 date=1263849231
                              another Kiwi here

does that make 4?
                              I is messed up now  ;D

1: 4 out of 3 people do not understand fractions, and

2:  2 + 2 = 5  ( Where 5 is great coffee)..

So does that mean you guys can make great coffee or ya can not do fractions   ;D

PS.  I gather things have quietened down u your war RedZone  :-?

Comment

Working...
                              X