Great coffee disasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great coffee disasters

Dragged myself out of bed this morning, switched on Spike (my machine), fed the cats, ground some coffee, pulled a beautiful espresso with a fabulous crrema. 9 stood back and admired my work 8-)

Started to steam the milk and had just got into the stretching phase and was developing a nice microfoam and then the milk started spluttering and other weird noises. I pulled the wand out of the coffee and there were a few curdles attached to it. Checked the milk carton (which my daudghter had bought at the deli yesterday) to see a use by date of 15 november > Stale freaking milk.  yuk. Typical pura , has happened a few times lately.

I really enjoyed my espresso, so will be off to the shops to buy fresh milk soon.

Re: Great coffee disasters

You have to put the image tags around your image url - [/img] after the url with [img] before the url.

I put them back to front because I couldnt work out a better way of showing it without the tags disappearing into thin air.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MochaMaster link=1163465705/0#1 date=1163466275
        You have to put the image tags around your image url - [/img]  after the url with [img] before the url.

I put them back to front because I couldnt work out a better way of showing it without the tags disappearing into thin air.
        As I was reading your post I wondered why you had written it that way.
        ;D
        Good job

Comment

Is that better? ;D

Comment

Good job Cindy!

Comment

Got the fresh milk, had a couple coffes and much happier now.

OG is home from work and insists on me showing off my newly aquired knowledge form the site. Basically he wants me to make him a coffee ;D for when he has finished the whipper snippering.

Comment

You will have to let us know if you impressed OG (not sure what that means) witht he post whipper snipper coffee. Most importantly are you happy with yoru progress from reading?

Comment

Og (aka Old Grumpy) is my partner. Ây daughter named him that, I just shortened it to OG.

Yes he was impressed as I have gotten a bit better as I now know what I am doing, and glad to know I was on the right track.

He is also talking about both of us doing a Barista course together. Hopefully in the new year I can talk him into comng to Melbourne and doing one with Chris, or if the $$ are too limited we will do one here. Should be a fun thing to do together.

Comment

OG makes sense now. I was having fun trying to figure it out with my wife last night. Thinking she might know from forums she frequents. We werent too far off track thought it might have been Old Grouch.

Good call on the barista course together.

Comment

Too bad, I was hoping OG stood for Original Gangsta!

Otherwise, given your name is Lucinda, I thought your partner might be Oscar, which of course would become Oscar the Grouch, so I guess we have convergence of a sort here.

Cheers,
                      Julio

Comment

Working...
                      X