• Pickup Events - September 2009

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Real Coffee – Newcastle
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Cuppacoffee - Sylvania
    NSW - Coffee Parts – Pagewood
    ACT - "Cruiserman" – Calwell
    VIC - Talk Coffee - Northcote (10:00-12:00 Sat 19/09/09)
    TAS - "Alistair1" - Launceston
    TAS - "rayzurhed" – Burnie
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by:
    26/09/2009

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Feel free to discuss pickup point pickups in this thread.
    8-)

Re: Pickup Events - September 2009

What a cool idea to separate it from the beanbay thread - I see more and larger get togethers happening 8-)

Comment

Yes, with any luck that is exactly what happens.

Pickup points are more fun if CSrs are getting together for a chat about coffee and to share ideas and tips with others.

8-)

Comment

Was that a tumble-weed that just went past?

Pickup point options have now been closed for the month so we can pack/roast and ship them over the weekend. If you havent paid for your beans you better do it asap else you will have to pay the additional amount for satchel shipping or have your order removed.

8-)

Comment

My theory Andy is that its all too clear and simple. No discssion was required.  :P

Im a little exited about tomorrow its been a long time since I had time to go to a pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by 31292C2C392803313D326A6B5C0 link=1253008417/4#4 date=1253258324
            No discssion was required.
            hmmm.. maybe we need some ambiguity in the post to encourage discussion. Next month Ill post:

"the pick up will sometime at some place"

;D

Yeah, the coffee/BBQ/roast/pickup at Talk Coffee should be great fun. The van is all packed ready, which is why Melbourne CSrs would have got a "your item has shipped" email.

I think there will be 20 odd CSrs which will keep Chriss mix of old and new (original E61 + new Robur-E) working pretty hard.

See you all there.

Comment

This is my first order and first pickup. My order shows as "paid" but "Caffeinefreak - Wembley" looks a bit vague as directions go.

Comment

Hi Wideey
                Originally posted by 4C5948594E124F5F5D50594F3C0 link=1253008417/7#7 date=1253266593
                This is my first order and first pickup. My order shows as "paid" but "Caffeinefreak - Wembley" looks a bit vague as directions go.
                Hi WideEyed,
                I have spoken with Simon (Caffeinefreak) and pickup will be Sunday 27th (If all goes well with bean delivery on time as AFL grandfinal is on the Saturday. Im sure it will be as Andy does a wonderful job in getting the orders out. I have sent a PM with Simons address. for further information about pickup PM Simon look up Caffeinefreak.
                look forward to seeing you there.
                Cheers
                Steve (The Goodies)

Comment

PM received. Thanks Steve

Comment

Hi Perth CSs anyone with queries regarding pickup please Pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by 393B3C3C3F33343F3C283F3B315A0 link=1253008417/10#10 date=1253286943
                      Hi Perth CSs anyone with queries regarding pickup please Pm me.
                      PM Sent.

Thanks
                      Nev

Comment

Thanks Chris and Andy for the coffee and a very pleasant way to spend a saturday morning.
                        In the flesh Chriss Faema is a very nice piece of industrial art. It should be interesting to try Fiefys blend in a few more days once its settled a bit.

Chris fired up the Garanti and a few of us chucked in some greens to see how it all works.

Just so we dont forgot from memory the blend was equal parts Nicaraguan, Peru and PNG, No particular rhyme or reason, those were just what was offered up

3kg.
                        First crack at about 9min dropped at second at about 13 min, A little on the speedy side but the beans were very even in color and had a very appealing toasty flavor for the crunch test.

Comment

seconded about the Melbourne meet, was nice to meet a few fellow snobs over a coffee from Chriss Faema, great way to spend a lazy Saturday morning

thanks Chris for the coffee, both beans and drinks and thanks to Andy for the beans and roasting pointers, the popper is ready and waiting

Comment

...I third that.

Thanks to Talk Coffee for hosting it and banging out shots all day, thanks to "Ki the Chef" for his excellent BBQ work which raised $50 for FairCrack and as always thanks to all the CSrs that just love to chat about coffee.

Pickups are always a fun way to spend half a day!

Comment

Yes thanks both Chris and Andy, I enjoyed the chat as usual and coffee wasnt bad either!

Comment

Working...
                              X