Boom town coffee!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom town coffee!!

Just having my Sunday morning read over a flat white when I came across this article:--

Re: Boom town coffee!!

When it costs more to set up & run a Cafe than building a house then you need to pay a fair price or the business will fold

KK

Comment

Judging by the position and the background, Id say thats The Oyster Bar. I also think that $7 for a latte is crazy talk. I also think that a restaurant with six stars doesnt need to charge that much, abusing the high income patrons that surround them over at Milpoint. I also think that cappuccino doesnt look tasty; however, I think too much.

My real questions are, what warrants a $7 latte... surely not the biscuits on the side? Are they pulling double ristrettos with epics blend and using premium bannisters farm milk thats on a different level to the stuff we use from bannisters to begin with. Haha!

Comment

There does need to be some price differentiation in the market though, crappy cafes serve up swill and feel like they can charge the same as a business that has invested money and time to create a premium product. It annoys me when these articles are written and give no credit to those who are actually offering a better value product (ie better but a bit more expensive) but only focus on price.

Comment

I would gladly pay $7 for an excellent latte (although not too often), but I resent paying $3 for a bit of stale brown water with boiled milk. Gotta compare apples with apples, damn media >

Comment

Working...
          X