• Pickup Events - October 2009

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Real Coffee – Newcastle
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Cuppacoffee - Sylvania
    NSW - Coffee Parts – Pagewood
    ACT - "Cruiserman" – Calwell
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (24/10/09 10:30-11:30)
    TAS - "Alistair1" - Launceston
    TAS - "rayzurhed" – Burnie
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by:
    31/10/2009

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

We will also post courier tracking info in this thread so you can see the beans moving around the country.

Feel free to discuss pickup point pickups and get togethers in this thread.
    8-)

Re: Pickup Events - October 2009

It will be game on at Kellyville again.

Last time was short notice / slap together but seemed well received. Others who didnt make it wished they could.

Again, this is not only for those who buy beans. Any others in the vicinity (or who are happy to travel) are most welcome.

Last time we had a corretto and a Hottop (thanks topshot [smiley=thumbsup.gif]), antipasto and a few beers, softies, water etc...

Same again this time around, though I will word my PM so we get a better idea of people and moving times to suit.

I am sure we will see at least one corretto with snobware attached, always fun to watch. And there will be my primitive setup

And that is at the least. Lets see what rolls in.

Initial plans will be the Saturday after bean arrival, barring work commitments which pop up at short notice.

Chris

Comment

All the below beans are being sent Star Track Express

You should be able to track them on-line using the following "Reference Number" (tracking code)

http://www.startrackexpress.com.au/Track_Trace/TTMain.htm

Veneziano QLD - BB1009QLD
      The Coffee Barun - BB1009SA
      Cuppacoffee - BB1009NSW1
      Real Coffee - BB1009NSW2
      Coffee Parts - BB1009NSW3
      CKSYD - BB1009NSW4
      Caffeinefreak - BB1009WA
      ParaM - BB1009TAS1
      Alistair - BB1009TAS2
      Rayzurhed - BB0909TAS3

I have just finished packing them and you should see them in the couriers tracking Monday night.

8-)

Comment

Next CSs meet in Perth we are going to have a gene café demo.
        :-? :-?
        We need help. Who owns one or knows a bit about roasting with one, can you come along for support???
        If the beans arrive Friday it will be Sunday this weekend. We will confirm time etc, Friday.

Cheers 8-)

Comment

Hi Simon,
          Ric & Lyn have a Gene Cafe. I unfortunately wont be able to make it as we have my daughters birthday party
          Happy roasting!
          C

Comment

What a shame Newbee you cant join us. Simon was getting his video camera ready!

Yes, rynnlic will be bringing their gene cafe with the instruction manual!

Comment

Surely they havent got to The Coffee Barun already?? Status description is Item Delivered but I only got the email to say theyd been sent yesterday?!

Comment

Originally posted by 2E3B2C2E393C2525242827490 link=1255317476/6#6 date=1256009067
                Surely they havent got to The Coffee Barun already?? Status description is Item Delivered but I only got the email to say theyd been sent yesterday?!
                Star Track are super quick. I think Andy sent them first thing Monday morning, Dennis got his this morning, so they could easily be at the Coffee Barun!

Comment

Originally posted by 30383731396366520 link=1255317476/7#7 date=1256010655
                  Star Track are super quick.
                  Yeah amazing service. Sydney and SA should be a couple of days but I guess if all the truck changes run smoothly it can gain a day.

Certainly have had none arrive late yet so they are certainly looking like a pretty good freight option.

...also happy we have managed to get everything freighted-out a week earlier than scheduled too. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by 634C465B220 link=1255317476/8#8 date=1256043820
                    Yeah amazing service.Sydney and SA should be a couple of days but I guess if all the truck changes run smoothly it can gain a day.

Certainly have had none arrive late yet so they are certainly looking like a pretty good freight option.

...also happy we have managed to get everything freighted-out a week earlier than scheduled too.Enjoy!

Andy wins again!!! You are a legend!!

Comment

Okay

Beans are in and its on (we hope)

;D

Pickup event 1st November 2009, for all those who have beans here, for others nearby (and afar) who are keen on roasting and general good times and laughs.

The big news

We have received a really generous donation of a bag of Ethiopian Kuza to use on the day for roasting .

Thanks again mate [smiley=thumbup.gif]

The plan (?) is to have 3 or 4 roasting methods and that way everyone can get a small sample from each to compare at their leisure.

I have a Corretto and a popper, and I know of one or two Correttos with snobby software that we can also have here on the day. There is a chance of a Hottop (its been here before) but cannot confirm just yet. I also think there may be a chance of a Gene Cafe to round out the variations.

A few of us have a couple of hundred kilos of beans between us so there should be other stuff available as well, or, bring some beans along.

There will also be some roasted stuff to try, albeit out of my 6910, but hey, feel free to bring a machine and make me want to spend money I dont have ;D. Could be fun. Or bankruptcy...

There will be food, beers, etc also on for the afternoon as well.

Starting at 1pm and going until whenever.

As stated, this is open for anyone who feels like dropping in.

PM me for address and so that I can get an idea of numbers.

I will PM those who have beans to pick up.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Damn, Ill be overseas when the CKSYD pick up is on

Anyway I will be at the next months pick up with the Hottop for anyone intersted again

Warren.

Comment

Just wanted to bring up an old subject again:
                          Returning used calico bags.
                          I finally remembered to go through my stash last week and I am ready to return a bunch, but wanted to ask Andy (or mods):
                          Should we wash them before returning?

Ive only got 30 or 40 of them.
                          Including some historical reference bags.

Brett.

Comment

Wash before returning? No, we can do that in one big batch (thanks anyway).

Its still a good topic and I still dont have a magic answer for how best to do this for the rest of the country without the freight companies making a packet. Melbourne pickup is easy though.

Comment

Hunter Beans are In!

Pickup from Real Coffee in Lorn, as per normal.

Ill be there at around 10.30am to 11.00am if anyone is interested in a quick catch up: Ill have William, the 3.5 year old groper with me (Pete & Emily are going camping for the weekend) so Ill probably make it brief but I will probably stop for a coffee is someone else is there. If no one else is, Ill probably make it a drop in and take away event due to the little groper.

Cheers
                              Di

Comment

Working...
                              X