Where to buy food grade grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy food grade grease

Im rebuilding Silvias leaky steam wand and the o-rings and washer just arrived in the post. What I dont have is any grease ... does anyone know where I can get some suitable grease for the job? (I work in Camberwell / drive home to Preston).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to buy food grade grease

If you are near a Jaycar, they sell tubes of it for about $15

Comment

Your best bet is Jaycar Coburg Sydney rd or Thomastown Settlement rd.
      Or Blackwoods sell it in larger quantities I think your nearest store is in Sydney rd Campbellfield.
      Hope this helps

Comment

Bunnings has it too, in the plumbing department (at least they have in Port Melbourne).

Comment

Dibartoli has it, but expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by 78656278796E0C0 link=1260229686/0#0 date=1260229686
            ... does anyone know where I can get some suitable grease
            Ive just cleaned out the drip tray of my BBQ and surprisingly enough... no scrap that, Ive seen it at Bunnings also.

Comment

We use this one
              http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=310
              Regards

Renzo
              Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Thanks found some Doust grease at Bunnings!

Comment

Originally posted by 75686F757463010 link=1260229686/7#7 date=1260346034
                  Thanks found some Doust grease at Bunnings!
                  whereabouts

went looking on wknd and could not find in plumbing area or tools
                  B

Comment

Originally posted by 1A3D36070B580 link=1260229686/8#8 date=1260767301
                    whereabouts

went looking on wknd and could not find in plumbing area or tools
                    B
                    Hi Ben, I also found it, I just walked a few isles, think it was near the teflon tapes and sealing compounds. Didnt take that much notice of what it was close to and am not sure that all Bunnings have the same layout.

Sorry, Steve :-/

Comment

Dragging up an oldie here.

Site sponsor Bombora now have 2 excellent food grade lube products. We have added both to our e-shop range.

Chris

Comment

Can I use the silicone lube for my o-rings on the stainless bolts that hold my boiler together so they don't seize or do I need a special "anti-seize" lubricant.

Comment

Lubricant should work.

The problem with stainless threads is generally galling, which in turn can lead to seizing. Galling occurs when friction overpowers the oxide film on the stainless and it shears off, exposing the softer metal underneath.

It follows that reducing the friction on the threads reduces the chance of galling:

Make sure the threads are well formed, clean and lubricated. The bolt and its nut / tapped hole should turn easily by hand. If it doesn't, check the threads. If the bolt or nut threads are malformed, buy new bolts and nuts. If the hole thread is malformed re-tap it.

Make sure the parts fit together properly and that the bolts can be threaded almost home by hand. If the bolt is being threaded against a force (eg pulling the parts into line) this greatly increases friction.

Get them threaded almost home by hand then nip up the last bit with a hand spanner. Going by hand slows you down, less speed = less friction. If you need to use a power tool to turn the bolt stop and figure out what you are doing wrong.
                          Last edited by Lyrebird; 5 November 2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

G'day mate...

Better off grabbing a tube of Copper Cote or Never Seez from your local Supercheap for these...

Mal.

Comment

It is generally not recommended to use a copper based antiseize on stainless, nickel is preferred. This is because copper is anodic to stainless by about 0.25V (depending on stainless grade, the better the stainless the higher the delta V).

Comment

Working...
                              X