Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use sugar or sweetener in your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use sugar or sweetener in your coffee?

The previous poll I set up had too many variables to give any real idea of sugar use in coffee, perhaps this will give a better idea.

Re: Do you use sugar or sweetener in your coffee?

Never in any of my coffee drinks (or tea) but I do use sugar when coffee isnt available and I fall back on a freeze dried or granulated caffeine beverage.

Comment

Seems the original poll was of more interest than this one
      Cmon people take a minute and tick a box, please. :-[

Comment

I understand this is a difficult poll to put together, what with so many variables. I went with occassionally, in part for the same reason put forward by cafeol, but also for times when the real stuff tastes only marginally better than the instant. Maybe a further poll exclusively for sweetner/sugar-users to indicate the reason why would be enlightening?
        But this is typical mel... the raw data is very nice but I want the why lol. Maybe its not really necessary after all.

Comment

Originally posted by 747C75707A70766C6A190 link=1260401170/3#3 date=1260479574
          I understand this is a difficult poll to put together, what with so many variables. I went with occassionally, in part for the same reason put forward by cafeol, but also for times when the real stuff tastes only marginally better than the instant. Maybe a further poll exclusively for sweetner/sugar-users to indicate the reason why would be enlightening?
          But this is typical mel... the raw data is very nice but I want the why lol. Maybe its not really necessary after all.
          Thanks for taking the time to respond Mel.
          While the result of this poll is a little easier to interpret still not a lot of votes.

Comment

cmon people -surely Im not the only statnerd hoping for a larger sample group so we can draw some conclusions! And also, just for the thrill of data.

Comment

Originally posted by 252D24212B21273D3B480 link=1260401170/5#5 date=1260520012
              cmon people -surely Im not the only statnerd hoping for a larger sample group so we can draw some conclusions! And also, just for the thrill of data.
              Think yer my kind of people Mel.

Comment

I voted never
                That vote applies to espresso, syphon, pour-over styles ect

However when I have Greek/Turkish coffee, sugar is added when brewing

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 755158585B5B6175514D53513E0 link=1260401170/7#7 date=1260531367
                  I voted never
                  That vote applies to espresso, syphon, pour-over styles ect

However when I have Greek/Turkish coffee, sugar is added when brewing

KK
                  So- you occasionally use sugar then??  

Comment

Im an "Occasional" user of Sweetener, not sugar.... Diabetic

Mal.

Comment

Im not a sugar user either but what generally is the best sugar to serve? white, raw or demerara?

Comment

Originally posted by 465C58465E545150350 link=1260401170/10#10 date=1260541715
                        Im not a sugar user either but what generally is the best sugar to serve? white, raw or demerara?
                        Guess it depends very much on personal taste, my preference is for white, I find raw imparts a caramel taste that detracts from the coffee.

Comment

Jon

If you want to do type of sweetener against type of beverage stuff you could set up something on Survey Monkey without the limitations of the poll.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/

As long as you can live with the 10 questions and 100 responses limits it is free.

Comment

Originally posted by 71737474777D7E120 link=1260401170/12#12 date=1260578248
                            Jon

If you want to do type of sweetener against type of beverage stuff you could set up something on Survey Monkey without the limitations of the poll.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/

As long as you can live with the 10 questions and 100 responses limits it is free.
                            Thanks Caffeol, think Ill stick with the poll on this site, I tend to feel the answers given by snobbers will come from a reasonably well informed group of coffee lovers.

Comment

OK, but but I actually meant create a survey on SM and post here asking us to do the survey. A bit of an embuggerance which may reduce the number who respond but you would get better data.

Didnt think for a moment of surveying the great unwashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X