Di Bellas new blend "Ali Reserve"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di Bellas new blend "Ali Reserve"

I picked up a bag of this one today and all i can say is wow! This blend was the winner of one of the golden bean awards late last year but today was the first time i have tried it.  Origins are a secret of course but to me it tastes very sweet, extremely smooth with good body and a lingering sparkling acidity. A very pleasant aftertaste.

Would recommend it, and ill be back for more. I hope they keep this one for the long haul as i prefer it to their older premium blend "Arnika reserve".

Oh, and there is some nice artwork on the label of this one too. You cant miss it.

Re: Di Bellas new blend "Ali Reserve"

Hmm I havent seen it at Melbourne... Nor the bag..

Comment

Roast date and list of the estates on the bag of course?

Comment

Originally posted by 597A7F7969746F737E691B0 link=1263196266/2#2 date=1263459387
        lol.....

Comment

I like it too and prefer it to the Arnika Reserve especially in milk. It doesnt go missing like the Arnika does in a latte (even a doppio ristretto pour).

Comment

Originally posted by 110607190C0D06525152630 link=1263196266/3#3 date=1263459666
            Originally posted by 597A7F7969746F737E691B0 link=1263196266/2#2 date=1263459387
            lol.....
            lol X 2

Comment

lol x 3

Comment

Three lols now and I still dont see whats so funny. I do understand sarcasm/irony by the way.

FYI - the little white sticker would have the roast date on it.

Comment

I suspect Badbrother was (vainly) hoping that Di Bella listed the origins included in the blend so others could copy it!

But that brings up an interesting point. I wonder why more roasteries dont do this? Even IF someone could manage to find the same crops of the same beans, they would need to combine them in the right percentages, aged to the appropriate degrees (respectively), having roasted them to the specific profiles... Its a bit of a long-shot if you ask me. Not that anyone did since this is OT... :

Cheers
                  Stuart.

Comment

I notice Veneziano list the countries of origin on their blends. Not much use if youre trying to replicate their blend as youve suggested above but I wonder why they do it.

Do foodstuffs need the countries of origin of their ingredients listed?

Comment

No just more information so people know what they are buying (not that most people - me included - would really understand it)

Comment

Ask them.

They have had the origins listed in the cafe at Bowen Hills. Cant remember tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X