Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obtaining a job in coffee roasting (Melbourne)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining a job in coffee roasting (Melbourne)?

Hello,

Long story short, considering a change of workplace and would be very interested in a position whereby I am taught to roast coffee.

I have over 5 years experience making coffee, I have a decent home setup including 1 group commercial machine and mazzer grinder. I have just recently started to roast my own coffee at home with the Behmor offered from this website.

I have a strong passion for coffee and a willingness to learn as much as I can. I have no commercial roasting experience, or qualifications in the area aside from my cafe experience. I do have university qualifications in other areas which may be of interest to some employers.

If anyone can supply me with information, that would be fantastic. Please PM me via Coffeesnobs, I will then send you my email address. I am based in Melbourne and have a drivers license.

Regards.

Re: Obtaining a job in coffee roasting (Melbourne)?

Noone here own a roastery able to give some insight on obtaining a job in the industry?

Comment

Email the roasters you would want to work for directly. Tell them you would be willing to start from the bottom- bagging coffee etc. That way i am sure your passion will be quickly noticed and roasters will start the training from there.

Good luck,

Comment

PM sent mate

Comment

Hi guys,

Just wondering how Boosting went with his job search as I am now in the same boat.

Comment

Boosting's last logged activity was 2 days ago. PM her/him.

Comment

As stated on older posts, I would suggest the best way in to a business is by starting at the bottom as a warehouse assistant etc and work your way into roasting. Always going to be difficult to get a fresh start as a roaster unless you have decent experience and can bring something good to the business. Certainly not an easy business to crack into from the bottom end.

Comment

Working...
              X