Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris.

  • #2
    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10


    It looks like todays episode is being shown tomorrow at 1pm.
    (it is in Vic at least)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

      Originally posted by 64616B0E0 link=1265448179/0#0 date=1265448179
      Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris.
      I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty. Talk about fresh coffee in the morning! How soon after picking can you roast the beans?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

        Originally posted by 0F061506110011060E02630 link=1265448179/2#2 date=1265449668
        I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty.
        Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs? I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed. That is, the seeds germinate very easily. Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

          For those who missed it, it on Iview and with certain ISPs that means free streaming. It only stays active for 2 weeks however.

          I finally got time to watch, the episode and noticed it was for next week.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10



            Originally posted by 79706370677667707874150 link=1265448179/2#2 date=1265449668
            Originally posted by 64616B0E0 link=1265448179/0#0 date=1265448179
            Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris.  
            I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty. Talk about fresh coffee in the morning! How soon after picking can you roast the beans?
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1202128835

            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251367805

            DrDreegs, youll find plenty of info to answer your question in both these threads.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

              Originally posted by 5E5A5D5C350 link=1265448179/3#3 date=1265453541
              Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs?  I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed.  That is, the seeds germinate very easily.  Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought!  
              I did see the episode. We have over 3 acres of native and exotic gardens and a comprehensive weed management program - we pull em out...or just harvest the germinates And thanks Pierre - Ill read the threads.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                Originally posted by 262F3C2F3829382F272B4A0 link=1265448179/6#6 date=1265535926
                Originally posted by 5E5A5D5C350 link=1265448179/3#3 date=1265453541
                Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs?  I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed.  That is, the seeds germinate very easily.  Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought!  
                I did see the episode. We have over 3 acres of native and exotic gardens and a comprehensive weed management program -  we pull em out...or just harvest the germinates And thanks Pierre - Ill read the threads.
                Oh, lovely. I like the sound of your weed management program - it includes the vital "we". The weed management program here only seems to include the word "I", being me! Enjoy and good luck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                  Originally posted by 282C2B2A430 link=1265448179/7#7 date=1265538356
                  Oh, lovely. I like the sound of your weed management program - it includes the vital "we". The weed management program here only seems to include the word "I", being me!  Enjoy and good luck!
                  Thanks - LOL Ive been sprung. My better half says "What do you mean we? You point and I pull". Definately going to plant some coffee trees though. Will read up and hopefully have a mini plantation going by next year - ouch!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                    Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                      Originally posted by 626E6B7F666A7D7D6A3F390F0 link=1265448179/9#9 date=1265561372
                      Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.
                      Or at least a run down of the best practice for spraying Round-up... that stuff tastes terrible!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                        http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/program/507092

                        He states he gets enough for a month of coffee.. Lots of dried up cherries on teh tree and must have let plenty drop on the ground..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                          Originally posted by 7D6D7A6B6B2D2C2F27282C1F0 link=1265448179/10#10 date=1265576877
                          Originally posted by 626E6B7F666A7D7D6A3F390F0 link=1265448179/9#9 date=1265561372
                          Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.
                          Or at least a run down of the best practice for spraying Round-up... that stuff tastes terrible!
                          You mightnt be using enough milk, or too soon post roast. ;D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

                            Originally posted by 143B32302718343B34323038303B21550 link=1265448179/11#11 date=1265892544
                            http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/program/507092

                            He states he gets enough for a month of coffee..  Lots of dried up cherries on teh tree and must have let plenty drop on the ground..
                            Noticed the only cherries that I could see on the tree looked a little black.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X