Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Cart type of Questions

Hi all,

couple of questions some of the commercial operators might be able to help me get a grip on. Background to this is an outdoor takeaway only festival crowd.

Milk types. Plan was to only offer full cream but thinking that I am bound to get asked for Soy or Low Fat as well. What sort of percentage of each of these drinks do you make compared to full cream?

Decaf do you offer it as well? I have plenty of grinders so that bit is easy. Thinking 1 in 30-40? Or dont bother?

Bit of a dumb question but from having easy accsess to a sink to limited water how often do you wash out the milk Jugs? :P

Bound to be a few more questions as I think of them, TIA

Re: Coffee Cart type of Questions

Just put up a sign like the one in Bar Italia in Leichhardt:

No Skim
    No Soy
    No Decaf

Comment

Originally posted by 5A5D59565E544151565F380 link=1265938570/0#0 date=1265938570
      it of a dumb question but from having easy accsess to a sink to limited water how often do you wash out the milk Jugs?Tongue
      Originally posted by 6865727A6F67000 link=1265938570/1#1 date=1265943222
      Just put up a sign like the one in Bar Italia in Leichhardt:
      No Skim
      No Soy
      No Decaf  
      No Clean

Comment

Talked to a few more today and agreed NO decaf is the way to go. But the Juries out on Soy and Skinny talked to my crew today and they reckon 20-30% skinny is about what they do but thats with a cafe with some takeaways and a few Soy per day :-/

Dont like steaming skinny much and hate the taste of soy but I guess I will need to buy some and practice a bit myself :P

Comment

If its a one off festival Id only be offering full cream.
          You cant please all of the people all of the time so you might as well please yourself.

Comment

Maybee Full and Hi Lo - Wouldnt bother with skim for 1 event.

Comment

Originally posted by 4146424D454F5A4A4D44230 link=1265938570/3#3 date=1265963820
              Dont like steaming skinny much and hate the taste of soy but I guess I will need to buy some and practice a bit myself
              Originally posted by 774B564D474651444C47230 link=1265938570/4#4 date=1265979125
              You cant please all of the people all of the time so you might as well please yourself.
              I love my espresso and ristrettos shots but I cant stand the long blacks that i make by pulling the shot over hot water, but others absolutely love them, and they come back for more.....my mother in law always says, "just because you dont like it, doesnt mean others wont". Shes an amazing chef and im always bugging her to cook things she hates eating.....samething i suppose

Its something i have to learn:

Comment

Originally posted by 6561475E5E5B44535C320 link=1265938570/6#6 date=1265982356
                I cant stand the long blacks that i make by pulling the shot over hot water

What dont you like about them WSully? :-?

Comment

Cant really put my finger on it, but if i had to attempt.......just dont like the watered down taste of the "americano" id much rather have a sweet full bodied shot anyday of the week

Comment

Originally posted by 72765049494C53444B250 link=1265938570/6#6 date=1265982356
                    but I cant stand the long blacks that i make by pulling the shot over hot water

Originally posted by 72765049494C53444B250 link=1265938570/8#8 date=1265984411
                    just dont like the watered down taste of the "americano" id much rather have a sweet full bodied shot
                    So WSully is off the hook; it is not that you dont like  your long blacks but that you dont like long blacks period!

Comment

I was talking about mine, but yeah dont like em period, trust me its not through lack of trying, tried Di Bella, Venesianos etc just cant get the taste for them, as i said i prefer the shot.

cheers
                      warren

Comment

Originally posted by 5E5A7C6565607F6867090 link=1265938570/6#6 date=1265982356
                        my mother in law always says, "just because you dont like it, doesnt mean others wont".
                        Warren I was talking about the practicality of running a stand not who likes what.

How about stocking the top 3 selling soy milk varieties to cater for all possible customers?

At some point it becomes ridiculous (and uneconomical) to try and please everyone.

We are talking here about how many different types of milk to have on hand for the day.

Obviously long blacks are off topic.

Comment

Id personally go for around half and half full cream and low-fat milk. In my experience, a lot of people nowdays ask for a skim or skinny latte or cap but they dont really mean skim milk as such but just low fat.

I probably wouldnt worry about the soy option - you probably wouldnt get enough of those to justify the extra cleaning, cost of buying the milk, and having to cart around a second milk jug. Ditto for the Decaf.

No experience in coffee carts whatsoever, but lots of experience waiting in lines (and eavesdropping) to order a coffee over the years!

Cheers
                          Di

[off topic] Hey, BF - I think you could probably take the P Plates off your sig now...I think youve well and truly passed the point of no return! [/off topic]

Comment

Originally posted by 0E293F2D35460 link=1265938570/12#12 date=1266016819
                            Hey, BF - I think you could probably take the P Plates
                            I just upgraded myself from "L" plates earlier this week. After the Folk Festival one of three things will happen, Full Licence, back to L plates or in the Looney Bin I think

At this stage low fat is my preference not skinny and will see how 70 / 30 split goes. Soy is most likely out but if we get some asking the Supermarket is only 100m away and the dairy is doing daily deliveries if needed.

The long black thing is not so silly to dicuss, a mate of mine likes the shot poured first, while I like the look of the shot poured over hot water. Personally the best long blacks by far are Syphons with the right beans but I wont be doing Syphon for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 1E223F242E2F382D252E4A0 link=1265938570/11#11 date=1266015749
                              Originally posted by 5E5A7C6565607F6867090 link=1265938570/6#6 date=1265982356
                              my mother in law always says, "just because you dont like it, doesnt mean others wont".  
                              Warren I was talking about the practicality of running a stand not who likes what.

How about stocking the top 3 selling soy milk varieties to cater for all possible customers?

At some point it becomes ridiculous (and uneconomical) to try and please everyone.

We are talking here about how many different types of milk to have on hand for the day.

Obviously long blacks are off topic.
                              Thanks TG! as per usual, straight to the point, not a bush in sight to beat, i apologise profusely for taking it off topic....... :P

Comment

Working...
                              X