Simply awful coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply awful coffee

OK, so how do you hide the fact that a client, who is soooo proud of his fully automatic coffee machine, and loves the coffee it produces,  was simply bitter, luke warm, and way to much cold froth??

It was hard not burst out laughing. Now, Im far from being an expert, but my old stovetop made seriously better coffee.

I had no choice but to stand up and continue my presenting my workshop to this accountant group.....and try to refrain from laughing....

Anyone had a similar experience and did you say anything?

Re: Simply awful coffee

Originally posted by 635253444F4E42270 link=1267190734/0#0 date=1267190734
    who is soooo proud of his fully automatic coffee machine

I am proud of my dog, but he doesnt do much but eat, sleep and sh!t

Comment

hahahahahaha amongst a few other things no doubt..

Comment

Originally posted by 1C2D2C3B30313D580 link=1267190734/0#0 date=1267190734
        was simply bitter, luke warm, and way to much cold froth??
        Ask for less cold froth next time and it will be an improvement!

Comment

funny thing was that I had asked for a Latte.........

Comment

I bought a car yesterday and while I was on a quick test drive around the block, the salesman proudly made my wife a coffee from their Saeco Automatic.

She didnt mention it until we were on our way home and told me shed also mentioned to him not to offer me a coffee. ;D

I asked if it was a manual machine like one Id glanced at in the new car section or if he just pressed a button.
            She said hed had to press several buttons (I believe he was selecting options for the coffee) and then pressed another one to froth and add the milk.

Lucky they didnt say anything to me as my tongue is getting sore from biting it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 033233242F2E22470 link=1267190734/0#0 date=1267190734
              did you say anything?
              i just avoid it all together by saying no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 626B7069626F670A0 link=1267190734/6#6 date=1267240548
                i just avoid it all together by saying no thanks  
                I normally choose tea if its offered or available

KK

Comment

hahahaha or just ask for some water instead !!

Knowing my luck it would come from the auto machine ........ >

Comment

I thought this thread would be appropriate to add this picture. If this is what the manufacturer (or at least the marketing team) consider to be good coffee then Id be staying well clear of anything they make.

Oh and for the record I hardly ever drink coffee that I havent made myself anymore. My family and friends have simply stopped asking me if Id like coffee when I go to their homes. I will only pay for a coffee if I know it is going to be good. I think the last one was from The Coffee Barun and that was at least 3 months ago. I would happily pay double what they charge for coffee of that quality.

I should also add that Coffee Craft are usually pretty generous about offering a free shot whenever I go there for my beans. It would be simply rude of me to refuse.

Comment

No no CJ your mistaken, that is a tea brewing machine ;Dat least thats what it looks like its doing

Comment

Abraham Lincolns quote may be apt at this point:

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."

-A-

Comment

I saw a very different coffee machine in a mobile coffee van the other night. It looked like your normal 2 group La Cimbali machine but the group head on the right was about 12 inches (huge). There was a plastic handled spout identical to the ones you find on hot water urns just on top to the right of the grouphead. Once the person ordered the coffee they pulled the urn handle and out came a flat (no crema) black liquid. The rest of the coffee was made by steaming the milk as usual.

No grinders, just lots of pre-ground brick packs – and $4.50 each!

Comment

Hi Runfast,

apart from the horror of preground :P What you saw was a hotel group. Rancilio also had them fitted to some of the Z8s and 9s so 70-80s designed to make filtered coffee from the espresso machine instead of espresso based drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by 6265616E666C79696E67000 link=1267190735/13#13 date=1267507897
                              What you saw was a hotel group.
                              And some of these are collectors items eg. 1959 Faema Nordica!

Comment

Working...
                              X