Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Coffee Catering Event - Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Coffee Catering Event - Success!

So ive just completed my first on site coffee catering event and i loved it!

My better half and i were catering for a 50th, friend of a friend kind of scenario, i said i could do coffee for the party as well and she thought that was a stirling idea!

60 odd people 12 hordurves(inc my panna cotta over caramelized espresso!), 100 odd lattes, capps, hot chocs, macs and short blacks and i loved it! Got great feedback from the customers saying its the best coffee theyve had, they inquired about where i got my beans from........ha ha from ME!!!!

I used a blend of 20% Colombian, 40% PNG and 40% Indo Sumatran, really smooth, lots of body and tonnes of choc, and at my roast level very low acidity.....just a good allrounder for the masses really

Really keen to get into the coffee industry, more so the roasting side, i love all things coffee......after 32 years of age ive finally found what i want to do! After completing apprenticeships and tonnes of Communications and IT training and some "other" stuff its finally occurred to me! im 6 months away from long service so ill finish off my 10 and move on i think!

Its a good feeling......now, just have to figure out how to get in! ;D

Below are 2 pics, my setup and the first sale, sorry about the bad art.....they got better and fuller too sorry iphone pics :

ps The GPP and SJ did an amazing job, tonnes of power to keep on going, never had to wait for her at all, she was just ready to pounce at any moment! I had a work area i was familiar with(same virtually as home setup)and everything went smoothly!

cheers
    warren   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Re: My first Coffee Catering Event - Success!

So an entrepeneur is born! Great story mate, love the line in response to source of beans..."From me"!! ;D

Its gonna be interesting to see where this leads ya.....maybe a buyout looms large on the horizon, to all roasting/coffee houses in Brisbane, beware a large man in camos bearing wads of cash and a glazed look in his eye.

Nice art mate, great stuff allround. 8-)

Comment

Awesome stuff Warren and love the set up!

Ive been having similar thoughts myself lately but am not in a position to take that type of risk. Here in Adelaide there are some cafes in great spots serving trully awful coffee.

I think theres an opportunity to set up a cart in conjuction with a cafe owner to take care of their coffee business so they can concentrate on food. Ive seen similar set ups in bigger cities (cart outside a cafe) particularly where there is highly foot traffic e.g. train stations. Not sure about the finer details with regards to rent or profit share, I guess it would have to be very attractive for the cafe owner as coffee generally has a higher margin than other food/beverage items. Then again, if you quadruple their coffee sales....

Comment

Great work..

Originally posted by 0400263F3F3A25323D530 link=1268535586/0#0 date=1268535586
        Really keen to get into the coffee industry
        Now if ya need a Tec etc to help ya out

OH and see here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1268522583/ ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 0400263F3F3A25323D530 link=1268535586/0#0 date=1268535586
          So ive just completed my first on site coffee catering event Cheesy and i loved it!

Great news Warren that makes all the had work worth wile Mate

Pleased it all went well for you and your lady...and lots a luck with your new adventurer...

Gra.

Comment

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] as a recent fellow first time commercial coffee cart barista well done

Your rough art is still better than my art on a good day

Comment

Congratulations Warren! Sounds like a great day. Bet you will be counting down the next 6 months  

Comment

Thanks guys so much, really had a ball socializing with the customers, i doubt this will be a future for me, it was more to make the catering offer more attractive, i charged buggar all for the 8oz drinks $2 each, the profit was in the food......so if we do another one with coffee, the price will go up, for sure

Really keen to get into roasting though, i love to be taken in by an expert.....learn from the ground up........my ultimate career! anyone in brissie?............please!

Comment

Excellent Stuff Warren.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Who knows where all this may lead, eh?

Onya mate....

Mal.

Comment

Congrats Warren
                    A word of warning

A Chinese proverb (well a Chinese person told me)

Never accept a job in the open air with out a back up plan, as its a sure sign of rain

All the best mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KK

Comment

Working...
                    X