Top Australian Cafes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Australian Cafes

The Australian has a released a photo gallery of Australias "top cafes". What do you think?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/executive-lifestyle/gallery-e6frg8jo-1225844125431?page=1

Re: Top Australian Cafes

Given they only posted 14 for the country : There is maybe one in Melbourne that might be dropped and a few more that missed out, but thats opening a whole can of worms so I wont

Better than some lists I suppose

Comment

If all it does, is point people in the direction of the specialty coffee industry then I say its a good thing. Impossible to mention everyone.

Comment

Brother Baba Budan.... <3<3<3 looooove it! Go there, now

Comment

Originally posted by 4740444B43495C4C4B42250 link=1269678964/1#1 date=1269679462
          Given they only posted 14 for the country  : There is maybe one in Melbourne that might be dropped and a few more that missed out, but thats opening a whole can of worms so I wont  

Better than some lists I suppose
          theres 20 odd cafes mentioned, I dont disagree with any of them. Perth & Brisbane could have had more coverage, but hey I think they did a pretty good job. Although they listed my local coffee pub, which is one of those "oh my god they told everyone" moments but Im very happy for HD as she runs a great business and completely deserves to be spoken of in the top of ANY list or discussion about excellence in Australian specialty coffee.

Im intrigued as to who you think should be dropped from the Melbourne list beanflying, but appreciate getting into it might cause more trouble than its worth.

Comment

Since when did Australia only consist of Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide?? : Im even amazed that they did think to include Tasmania!

Im sure that there are plenty out side of these areas doing great specialty coffee...

This reads like a paid advertisment to me... :-?

Comment

looks like phil Dibella out the front of Single origin :-? dont think so, but looks like him

Some seriously great coffee houses missed the list......

paid advert.....i agree

Comment

yep paid advert for sure. good one guys, way to support those doing great things in coffee. Surely just creating awareness about specialty coffee helps ANYONE who sells it?

I dont disagree that there is good purveyors of specialty coffee outside of the capital cities, but a paid advert? thats just sour grapes.

I guess some people will never be happy. :

Comment

Originally posted by 3F362D343F323A570 link=1269678964/7#7 date=1269740221
                  I dont disagree that there is good purveyors of specialty coffee outside of the capital cities, but a paid advert? thats just sour grapes.
                  Agree with you wholeheartedly Aaron. There will always be some/lots of good ones left out for reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of coffee served.

It was great to see Hazel included amongst the big boys. She rocks!

Comment

Only one from Adelaide? BAH! I know of a couple that deserve to be on that list.

Comment

The Australian (called that because they thought it would sell more papers than calling it "The Sydney") have put together a list of some of the best coffee houses in the country. Because lots of these venues were not within 15 minutes from the Sydney CBD they dont have pictures but if you read the text you will see many other places listed (including The Coffee Barun in SA for example)

Curiously, seems every single Slayer in the country is there... Jorno machine snobbery maybe?

I think its a good list and pretty sure all of the places mentioned are in the CS recomended cafes in Good Coffee Where?
                      http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?catselect=GoodCoffeeWhere

Comment

Hey Andy
                        Could you pls post a link to the articl? I cant seem to locate it on the AUstralia website
                        Thanks
                        J

Comment

oops, just saw it above
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 59767C61180 link=1269678964/10#10 date=1269752883
                            Curiously, seems every single Slayer in the country is there... Jorno machine snobbery maybe?
                            Not quite. There are few more out there!

Comment

Paid ad?? Laughable.. I have been to most of these cafes and I am the guy in the picturer of Cafe 12. Oomph. I am the one using the slayer. These are some great cafes, dont discredit the hard work we have put in to make them what they are, PLEASE people!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X