X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonsoy is Back in cafes

Reformulated soy milk is back in cafes again

"Snip & quote"

Soy milk drink Bonsoy is being redistributed to cafes in NSW and Victoria after its reformulation.

Spiral Foods director James Wilson says the product has been tested and approved by Australian food regulators.

“We’ve been inundated by loyal Bonsoy drinkers who have been asking when Bonsoy will be back. We’re pleased to announce the reformulated product is now available,” said Wilson.

The new formula resulted in the removal of kombu, a seaweed extract that contains naturally occurring iodine.

Bonsoy will be available in limited quantities through cafes before a full roll-out through health food stores and supermarkets later this year.

Source: Spiral Foods

KK

Re: Bonsoy is Back in cafes

Originally posted by 56727B7B78784256726E70721D0 link=1272453673/0#0 date=1272453673
    Bonsoy will be available in limited quantities
    Thats kind of funny. When I used to buy it there was a minimum order of 10 boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4C6D6666617B080 link=1272453673/1#1 date=1272455015
      Originally posted by 56727B7B78784256726E70721D0 link=1272453673/0#0 date=1272453673
      Bonsoy will be available in limited quantities
      Thats kind of funny.  When I used to buy it there was a minimum order of 10 boxes.
      Maybe it means theres a maximum instead. :-?

Comment

Yeah, well theyve lost me.

When they did the recall prompting to return it to the point of sale (them), I wasnt going to take a drive for the sake of a couple of boxes. I know my local Woolies would probably have accepted them, but didnt think that a fair thing to do.

Besides, the Vitasoy Barista has been popular and my Milko delivers the quantities that I want.

Comment

Im actually quite happy with the vitasoy barista Ive been using recently. Though I havent done any side by side tastings with bonsoy.

I just wish Vitasoys sales people would get back to me as I want to know where to get it on a permanent basis.

Comment

Check out fontera, my milk comes from them and they stock it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2C222F203721204E0 link=1272453673/5#5 date=1272612050
              Check out fontera, my milk comes from them and they stock it.
              Really?

Vitasoy is made by National Foods. A direct competitor to Fonterra.

Comment

Maybe its just in my little part of the world but my milkman delivers fonteras milk and delivers vitasoy so maybe I have put 2 + 2 and gotten 5 but it is worth a try.

Comment

Im loving the taste and the price point of the vitasoy cafe at the moment!

Comment

I had the privilege to try the new bonsoy at cafebiz and again today at work. I say privilege as it really was. This stuff is awesome. Mouthfeel, flavour, ease of texturing, its all there.

Practically makes me want to switch to soy milk I enjoyed it that much.

Having said all that, I still think the Vitasoy Barista is a worthy competitor.

Comment

I havent used Bonsoy myself, although I have heard its a good soy. I am using Barista Soy and have had plenty of my regular Soy Drinkers impressed with the flavour and texturing it is a dream, love it. Also have been using Lactose Free milk recently, that stuffs not bad either, quite sweet to the taste though, must be the glucose, actually interesting how it is formulated, the lactose is heated to such a temperature that it turns into glucose, WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by 4E51504D505C010909097951564D54585055390 link=1272453673/10#10 date=1273231664
                        the lactose is heated to such a temperature that it turns into glucose
                        I dont think thats right.
                        Its made by adding lactase to the milk.

Wikipedia:
                        "While essentially the same process as normal intestinal lactose digestion, direct treatment of milk employs a different variety of industrially produced lactase. This enzyme, produced by yeast from the genus Kluyveromyces, takes much longer to act, must be thoroughly mixed throughout the product, and is destroyed by even mildly acidic environments. Its main use is in producing the lactose-free or lactose-reduced dairy products sold in supermarkets."

Comment

Anyone know how much bonsoy is being sold for to cafes?

Comment

We get our Vitasoy from a fontera distributor as well.

To the people using the Vitasoy Barista range, dont you find it taste strange? No question its very easy to texture.. Havent tried Bonsoy yet.

Comment

Did some blind taste testing with customers and strange wasnt one of the replies. (Vitasoy red vs barista) Barista won every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X