Al Pacino and Vittoria.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Pacino and Vittoria.

Noticed this http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/plenty-of-hoohah-for-coffee-20100603-x106.html in the SMH this AM, dont know it will improve the quality of the coffee but it may help sales.
    Cant imagine they are planning to export to the states so perhaps we are destined to see the ad here.
    Or maybe Vittoria are planning to open up in the US.
    Pacinos quote says it all I drink coffee all the time, so I think that should qualify me as someone who knows about coffee. that coming from an American, most of the stuff served over there is undrinkable.

Re: Al Pacino and Vittoria.

Originally posted by 1A262F3722430 link=1275608215/0#0 date=1275608215
    ant imagine they are planning to export to the states
    Wouldnt it be nice if they exported all of it! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 39667E686368646D6D6E6E666A650B0 link=1275608215/1#1 date=1275608315
      Originally posted by 1A262F3722430 link=1275608215/0#0 date=1275608215
      ant imagine they are planning to export to the states
      Wouldnt it be nice if they exported all of it!  ;D
      Theres a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by 762931272C272B2222212129252A440 link=1275608215/1#1 date=1275608315
        Wouldnt it be nice if they exported all of it!
        I found a lot of it in Fiji the other week.

Comment

Anywhere serving Vittoria is my least favourite cafe choice as I find it a very bitter coffee and does not suit my taste for a rich mellow flavour. Maybe the Yanks will like that character however. Putting it in a litre of hot milk with six sugars would help, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 0A373B3321580 link=1275608215/4#4 date=1275908884
            Maybe the Yanks will like that character however.
            Anything would be an improvement on most of the swill they serve over there.

Comment

Al Pacino and THAT coffee

I always thought Al Pacino was a great actor but he has out done himself in that ad for V****a crap - he is, without doubt an even better actor than I would ever have imagined him to be.

Comment

Re: Al Pacino and THAT coffee

I agree... great acting.
                :

...although having said that if the ad campaign converts a few instant coffee drinkers to whole beans then one day we will see them here on their journey to great coffee.

;D

Comment

A jobs a job. Pay me what they undoubtedly paid Al, and Ill praise that machine too!

Greg

Comment

Perhaps he drinks it from the country it is roasted. Perhaps the quality is far superior/fresher to what we get. Also remember that it is likely he has a different taste in coffee than we do. Italians like it strong and bitter hence the use of Robusta. Americans it seems like a dark roast and drink tall blacks. Were not comparing apples with apples here.

All that said I have a coffee DVD where a well known australian barista is endorsing a product and he shows a pour that he says looks delicious that to me looks VERY underwhelming.

Agree with andy though because it is certainly a big shift in coffee marketing where we are use to seeing instant coffee ads.

Comment

Originally posted by 5A656364797E4F527F697C75100 link=1280047336/3#3 date=1280202774
                      Perhaps he drinks it from the country it is roasted.
                      what, Australia?

As good as any actor is, they are for the most part empty vessels waiting for a role to fill them up. At least thats been my experience. The point being, put an actor in an ad and pay them money, and theyll say what you tell them to.

Acting is a job. You get hired, you do the job. I believe Pacino drinks that coffee regularly as much as I believe Clooney drinks nothing but stale pod garbage.

Personally, Im more annoyed that a Nick Drake song was used as the backing music. Poor bugger is long dead and has no say in which silly ad uses his music!

Comment

Originally posted by 5E574C555E535B360 link=1280047336/4#4 date=1280323343
                        Personally, Im more annoyed that a Nick Drake song was used as the backing music. Poor bugger is long dead and has no say in which silly ad uses his music!  
                        He would probably be happy that his music was being appreciated, at long last. Anyway, its not the first time his song has been used in an ad. "Pink Moon" was used in a Volkswagen ad a few years ago. While it wasnt the best showcase for his music, it did make him known to many people who hadnt previously heard his music.

Comment

Even teh Yanks are having a go...

Love it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIJOwYU6vs[/media]

Comment

;D

Comment

Robert de Niro is my favourite of the great actors, Al Pacino close behind...but that ad....

Spruiking coffee hes probably never heard of, looking like a down and out New York tramp does him no good.

There is no credibility when he seeks to stamp his credentials as a knowledgeable coffee drinker. Spilling coffee over his script does not make him a passionate coffee expert---it makes him sloppy.

And that punchline " this is good coffee", followed by the apparent nervous rapping of fingers over the table.... leaves me stone cold.

Al, maybe its time for Scarface II if you need the money that bad. :-[

Comment

Working...
                              X