Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning - remove basket from PF every day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning - remove basket from PF every day?

helle everyone

i have a possibly silly daily cleaning question for the PF+basket.

should I remove the double basket from the PF handle after every coffee cup made and clean the bottom of the basket and clean inside the PF after every day use? or is it enough just to rinse it all in one piece under a tap of running water?

Re: cleaning - remove basket from PF every day?

Originally posted by 010309043F1209040512600 link=1276312998/0#0 date=1276312998
    helle everyone

i have a possibly silly daily cleaning question for the PF+basket.

should I remove the double basket from the PF handle after every coffee cup made and clean the bottom of the basket and clean inside the PF after every day use? or is it enough just to rinse it all in one piece under a tap of running water?
    I generally just rinse it well and give it a thorough clean every few days

KK

Comment

I have a bottomless group handle so mine gets a rinse after every coffee.

Comment

Ease of cleaning under the basket (with my trusty brown Chux) is one of the many reasons that I use a naked PF for 95% of my shots at work.

Comment

i quickly flick the basket out after I make coffee each day, if you do it every time it doesnt need much more than a rinse and a quick wipe and doesnt really take much longer than just rinsing it.

Comment

I used to eject the basket after every set of extractions, now Im with Thundergod--a bottomless handle and its an easy rinse with hot water.

Greg

Comment

Since going naked my handle and basket are always clean with very little effort, only use my double spout handle when I have a heap of visitors over.

Comment

Originally posted by 484A404D765B404D4C5B290 link=1276312998/0#0 date=1276312998

should I remove the double basket from the PF handle after every coffee cup made and clean the bottom of the basket and clean inside the PF after every day use?
                It boils down to opinions, and in the end how much oilyness you actually find in the group handle when you inspect, which for home use will be minimal in the extreme.

So, what you asked would be overkill and completely unnecessary for the number of coffees you make at home.

If you had to put a regime into place, it would be to say remove the filter and inspect once a week, and for the amount of your use a light wipe over with a soft cloth will bring it up like new. And, you could then leave it for 2 weeks to give you an indication of how much more build up there is if you leave it that long. That will tell you what you as an individual would like to do.

Some people NEVER clean their esp machine, others do it every day or even several times a day in a work situation. You decide what works for you.

Regardz,
                Attilio
                very first CS site SponSir

Comment

I remove and wash the basket and PF daily, use a ridgeless basket so its an easy task, the shower screen and seal come out every couple of days for a clean up, and I back flush with Cafetto once a week.

Comment

I give mine a rinse and wipe after each session.  I only dry wipe between shots though.  I give the handle and basket a good wash at the end of the day.

As for the machine, I give the blind filter a wiggle after each session and I back flush with water only at the end of each day.  

I chemical back flush once a fortnight and I soak the baskets and handles in Cafetto and remove the seal and screen once a month for a chemical clean.

Comment

Originally posted by 50534040575E320 link=1276312998/9#9 date=1276396796
                      I give mine a rinse and wipe after each session.  I only dry wipe between shots though.  I give the handle and basket a good wash at the end of the day.
                      Yep, ditto for me....

Only takes a minute or two at the end of the last session for the day. Cant stand the smell of stale coffee oils.... Yuuuech :P

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                      X