Coffee and tea protect against heart disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and tea protect against heart disease

Drinking several cups of tea or coffee a day appears to protect against heart disease, a 13-year-long study from the Netherlands has found.

It adds to a growing body of evidence suggesting health benefits from the most popular hot drinks.

Those who drank more than six cups of tea a day cut their risk of heart disease by a third, the study of 40,000 people found.

Consuming between two to four coffees a day was also linked to a reduced risk.
    Full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10350373.stm

Java "Sippin away" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Re: Coffee and tea protect against heart disease

13 year long study is a LONG study... finally a study with sufficient time-frame! BUT there are still so many factors possibly not considered... Im not sure what the research involved, but youd have to look at all factors in every persons lifestyle...

Comment

Study - Coffee lowers risk of heart disease

I read with interest that the results of a 13-year long Dutch study have concluded that:

People who had two to four cups a day of coffee had a 20 percent lower risk of heart disease compared to those drinking less than two or more than four cups a day.
      http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ay/640186.html

Im sure there will be a study out tomorrow suggesting coffee is bad for you but i found this one significant because not only was it extensive (13 years, 40,000 people) but its the first time ive seen a study suggest that coffee can lower the risk of heart disease.

Ive read many studies that suggest that coffee aids with kidney and gall bladder function and reduces the risk of developing Parkinsons disease, but never seen one reference heart disease.

Its also interesting that the study suggests that the benefits are lost if consumption exceeds four or so cups a day and that said benefits are only really obtained from quality, fresh coffee not the terrible instant stuff many use.

Comment

Working...
      X