Honey processed coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey processed coffee

I was just watching one of Michael Phillips performances at the 2010 world barista championships and he pulled a shot from a Honey Processed bean.

How difficult would it be to source one??

Link here to the process: http://vimeo.com/8423078
    and the performance: http://www.livestream.com/worldbaristachampionship2010/video?clipId=pla_929fdcab-2b17-4dd5-9f70-5d018a15c822&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Re: Honey processed coffee

A group of us have cupped some of the Honey processed coffee at Vaneziano

I would be hard pressed to tell the difference to normal processing

In fact other coffees on the day were cupped and it was not one of the favourites that the group liked

KK

Comment

Thanks KK,

It sounded like the process would result in a more expensive bean, but also sounded as though the idea had merit for a more fruity cup. Glad it has been tested. Do Veneziano offer Honey Processed regularly or was it a special occasion? I would like to head back to Veneziano soon, their coffee was A1, any reason will do!

Comment

Originally posted by 232128247F7F490 link=1277609509/2#2 date=1277611509
        Thanks KK,

It sounded like the process would result in a more expensive bean, but also sounded as though the idea had merit for a more fruity cup. Glad it has been tested. Do Veneziano offer Honey Processed regularly or was it a special occasion? I would like to head back to Veneziano soon, their coffee was A1, any reason will do!
        As with all these things
        It is an issue of availability and quantity

Best to call them and ask

KK

Comment

We have them all the time on CS!

Honey process (Miel) is just a semi-washed by another name.  As a rule it gives more body than the fullywashed version of the same bean.

8-)

Comment

So...... is that the same as "washed, but not polished"?

Just trying to see what beans I am going to try next time.

Names would be appreciated, I am a bit of a newbie to the home roasting scene. I have only just collected my first Green beans......

Comment

Working...
            X