Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMH anti coffee article.

Just picked up on this load of rubbish
    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/confessions-of-a-former-bitchy-barista-20100705-zx13.html
    Could be an idea for a few Snobs to comment and set the record straight. >

Re: SMH anti coffee article.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1278368406/0#0

Snap!

Comment

Originally posted by 073B322A3F5E0 link=1278375858/0#0 date=1278375858
      Could be an idea for a few Snobs to comment and set the record straight.
      And have my credibility challenged because Im not a barista or a journalist? :P

Comment

Originally posted by 734F5249434255404843270 link=1278375858/2#2 date=1278377812
        Originally posted by 073B322A3F5E0 link=1278375858/0#0 date=1278375858
        Could be an idea for a few Snobs to comment and set the record straight.
        And have my credibility challenged because Im not a barista or a journalist?  :P
        You have credibility?

Comment

care factor 0 NOW WHERES MY DOUBLE SHOT

Comment

Originally posted by 3A060F1702630 link=1278375858/3#3 date=1278378200
            You have credibility?
            Obviously not.

Comment

Originally posted by 5F637E656F6E796C646F0B0 link=1278375858/5#5 date=1278397845
              Originally posted by 3A060F1702630 link=1278375858/3#3 date=1278378200
              You have credibility?
              Obviously not.
              Perhaps too much caffeine.

Comment

What a load of BOLLOCKS

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2A3124372A450 link=1278375858/7#7 date=1278398691
                  What a load of BOLLOCKS
                  The article or my credibility?

Comment

**HES A STUDENT!**

Not you, TG.

Greg
                    BTW, try this:
                    Coffee Can Prevent Certain Types of Cancer, New US Study Says
                    Drinking coffee may reduce a persons chances of developing oral cancer and even brain tumors.

http://naturalhealthontheweb.com/mangano-minute/blogs/?p=1465

Comment

Originally posted by 44716664546C716E626F67030 link=1278375858/9#9 date=1278420673
                      Drinking coffee may reduce a persons chances of developing oral cancer and even brain tumors.
                      Ive had a brain tumour.

Comment

Originally posted by 56637476467E637C707D75110 link=1278375858/9#9 date=1278420673
                        *HES A STUDENT!**
                        actually he is a she and the outlet that she works in does have some cred - it kept me going for I dont know how many years

but...

shes a journalism student and if you read any of her other posts on her blog many are tongue in cheek... I wouldnt take it too seriously!

besides which it appears to me that the article itself consists of a clipping from SEVERAL of her posts, so it looks like a cut and paste job to me - theres journalistic integrity for you!

ACg

Comment

Ya know what i think?

I think she is kinda right lol. I recently went 3 days without coffee and ill agree with the bad headaches and sometime feeling nautious.

I have to say...most mornings i zombie my way to my already hot espresso machine to have a double espresso to start the day...is it because i stayed up till 2:30am and only got 6 hours sleep that i feel tired ? or is coffee to blame for me staying up that late to begin with?

The other thing i commend her on is being able to confess to being a "bitchy" barista. Something i rarely hear coming from the lips of any barista.

Comment

Sadly i have had the same experience with going off caffine for a couple of weeks. I could not believe how much more clarity and focus i had once the headaches and nausea had gone.
                            I am still drinking espresso though because it is my job to taste all day. But i have this nagging feeling at the back of my mind that i will eventully have to chuck in the towel with a job i love, because i feel i am blundering away the days in a cafffine haze. Its only when you go off it for an extended period do you realise how important clarity of mind and focus is to you.

Comment

I disagree with this "caffeine haze" some of you are talking about.

Maybe you have a low tolerance and merely need to cut back a little.

I drink 3 doubles a day and have not noticed any difference to the time a few years ago where I stopped drinking coffee, cold turkey, for 3 months.

The reason I stopped for so long, for those that dont know, is that Id been into hospital for an operation and was unable stomach much food or drink for the following week.
                              I didnt have a machine at home back then so accessing anything other than instant was nigh on impossible as I was also unable to walk unaided for quite some time.
                              If I couldnt get a decent coffee I preferred to go without.

When I finally got back on my feet and back to work after 3 months, I went back to drinking coffee and as previously stated, noticed no difference in my focus.

Being an auditor I need to focus for work; being a karate black belt, I am quite aware of my focus.

Comment

Working...
                              X