All about caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about caffeine

I dont know what sort of reception this will get from the CS Sceptics Society but if it deserves to be challenged...

Caffeine

Has a caffeine calculator:

Your total caffeine intake was 252 mg.

Your caffeine intake is within the levels recommended by NSW Health for safe caffeine consumption.

Re: All about caffeine

This is from the site:

Research shows that most adults can consume up to 400 mg of caffeine per day, without negatively affecting their health in terms of toxicity (poisoning), cardiovascular health, bone and calcium status, behaviour, cancer, or male fertility.

then this was for me:

Your total caffeine intake was 572 mg.

Your caffeine intake [i]is within the levels recommended [/i]by NSW Health for safe caffeine consumption.

I think caffeine tolerance is an individual thing, I can usually tell when I am having too much coffee. Other than not being able to sleep!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6D677265656A7E780B0 link=1278455985/0#0 date=1278455985
      I dont know what sort of reception this will get from the CS Sceptics Society but if it deserves to be challenged...

Caffeine

Has a caffeine calculator:

Your total caffeine intake was 252 mg.

Your caffeine intake is within the levels recommended by NSW Health for safe caffeine consumption.
      Oh dear, here we go again. :

Comment

Originally posted by 7D41485045240 link=1278455985/2#2 date=1278458840
        Oh dear, here we go again.
        Read my first line Jon. Have you dismissed this as crap before even looking at it?

Comment

Mine came up 768 mg.

Im a big guy so I suppose like alcohol, weight should play a factor in results.
          In this case it doesnt; no matter what weight I told the calculator it still said my intake was above recommended levels.

On a side note, why ask for Name and Weight (if they dont affect the result)?

P.S. I didnt try changing my name to affect the result.

Comment

Woo-hoo! Im 756mg...Im on fire!  

Coffee has absolutely no obviously outward affect on me unless I have one after 6.30pm, then I have trouble getting to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by 2A203522222D393F4C0 link=1278455985/3#3 date=1278458991
              Originally posted by 7D41485045240 link=1278455985/2#2 date=1278458840
              Oh dear, here we go again.
              Read my first line Jon. Have you dismissed this as crap before even looking at it?
              Not referring to your post Flynn simply the fact that we are seeing another conflicting report on the affects of caffeine.
              Certainly didnt dismiss it as crap, did the test and it told me 3 cups of espresso a day put me over the limit.
              Did the test once, it told me I was over the limit at just over 400mg, did it a second time, same inputs and it came up with 606mg :-?  

Comment

Originally posted by 5E626B7366070 link=1278455985/6#6 date=1278460709
                Not referring to your post Flynn simply the fact that we are seeing another conflicting report on the affects of caffeine.
                Well alright then. Ill let you off this time ... but Ive got my eye on you. > ;D ;D

Comment

Since when is an espresso 200ml?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 66585F546E5E576E4559546E7354505F310 link=1278455985/8#8 date=1278461897
                    I thought the same so treated long black and espresso as the same, like all of these things poorly researched, in other words flawed, someone is probably proud as punch about having created it and being paid mega bucks for the effort. >

Comment

I got 1180mg

388mg from an espresso?

http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm
                      Lists a double espresso as 45-100mg.
                      Calculating from that I get 210-440mg for my daily intake.
                      Big difference.

Comment

Also if you ask for a long black at a shop with an espresso machine you generally get a cup a hot water with an espresso shot in it.
                        Therefore shouldnt an espresso (388mg) be the same as a long black (202mg)?

Comment

Gees you guys are cynics. : its only a guide but if you look underneath there are 8 (count em) reference citations. I still wouldnt take it as gospel, just like any online health advice.

Yes, you wouldnt have a 200ml espresso but you can calculate it pro rata e.g. of you drink two 25ml shots a day then enter .25 in the calculator.

Comment

Originally posted by 5866616A506069507B676A504D6A6E610F0 link=1278455985/8#8 date=1278461897
                            When using pre-ground and you get distracted for a couple of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by 78726770707F6B6D1E0 link=1278455985/12#12 date=1278463091
                              Gees you guys are cynics.  : its only a guide but if you look underneath there are 8 (count em) reference citations. I still wouldnt take it as gospel, just like any online health advice.

Yes, you wouldnt have a 200ml espresso but you can calculate it pro rata e.g. of you drink two 25ml shots a day then enter .25 in the calculator.
                              To question is healthy and intelligent, blind acceptance without question is dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X