pulling a shot on my new gear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling a shot on my new gear..

hi csers.. ive got a new setup having been an auto man prior to the expobar its been a steep learning curve..

anyhow, i recorded a shot today, would love to get some feedback as im still learning, so let me know if I can improve on something you see..

the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7W5sYj3fzs

Re: pulling a shot on my new gear..

so i pass then? ;D

Comment

You could improve the backing track? Just sayin.

Im only a week into a proper machine, and it isnt as simple as I thought it was going to be. I was the king on my Breville, now Im way back down the ladder again.

Comment

Gday Petar....

Just finished looking at the vid mate.... Which bean/blend are you using and how long post-roast would they be? Just out of interest before I declare my opinion....

Mal.

Comment

Petar,

I can tell you exactly why you had coffee come from the right spout first...

Check your tamping and youll see why. Your tamp is slightly uneven. The tamper appeared to me to be deeper on the right side, compared to being a little higher on the left.

If you change the way you hold your tamper, you should improve on this. You should hold it between thumb and forefinger with the top of the tamper being cradled by the palm of your hand. Youve just got a choking grip around the neck of the tamper which doesnt allow you to feel the edge of the basket.

Also...I nearly fell of my chair when you moved the camera... ;D ;D next time, do you think you could edit your camera movements out?   (did you use a DSLR to film that?)

Comment

Love your setup petar - Im very jealous

Interesting comments scoota girl - great feedback

Does the crema look a little pale & thin to anyone else?

Comment

nice production values on the vid! Yeah - question about the coffee though? What are you using because a) the coffee fairly gushes through the machine - suggesting that the grind could be fined up for starters, and b) the pale crema would tend suggests a product that is older than 30 days post roast - or else roasted very lightly...

Comment

i had the grind a bit coarse..

bean was a 7day yirg (pulled from the corretto just before 2nd crack)..

thanks for the feedback.. in that time my shots are getting better..

Comment

Working...
                X