Sunshine Coast Get Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine Coast Get Together

Its been a while since our last get together! Veneziano Caffe have moved to Cotton Tree and bigger premises with better parking and I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up for a coffee or even to do one of the courses theyve just started doing. Wouldnt mind doing the Latte art one myself.

Fridays are good for me because Im free of the kids all day.

Re: Sunshine Coast Get Together

Gday Lacehim. If you cant get anyone for a Friday i would be interested on a Tues or Wed.

Comment

Your the only one so far mate. Happy with any days. I have been trying to gather a few of us do a few social things because I really enjoyed the Brisbane get together at AMs place a few months ago.

You happy with a coffee at Veneziano at Cotton Tree? It is the place you mentioned last time "Caffeine culture" but they moved further down the road to a bigger place.

Comment

Yeah happy with that. Dan at Caffeine Culture is a good host to snobs. Ill be up that way tues 31st August. for an appointment that goes from 10am to 12pm. so anytime after 12 ish is good for me. Hows that for you?

Comment

Sounds good.

So from 12 noon 31st August.

Will have my youngest with me, but hes well behaved

Anyone else interested just post up here. We dont bite, anyone welcome.

Comment

Ok See you then.

Comment

Just thought I should post up the new address for Veneziano Caffe Maroochydore.  Its on the corner of First Ave & The Esplanade in Cotton Tree.  If you park in the big court house car park you can walk around by the river to get there. See you at 12 noon today if your coming along.

If anyone is interested in future gathering let me know.  Im happy to host or we can organise a gathering at Pioneer or Veneziano Caffe, or even if you fancy doing a training course at Veneziano Caffe with fellow CSers that would be great.

Getting together is a great opertunity to put faces to names, chat about everything coffee, share tips and ideas while making some new local friends.  PM or post up here if you interested in the next gathering.  Ideas, dates & suggestions welcome.

Comment

During our visit to Venezianos today with Greg41 (Thanks Greg for the Yowie coffee!) I found out that the Latte Art course will be running later this year. Someone will be flying up from Melbourne to do it so if your interested let me know and when I find out dates Ill post them up here to see if we can get a group of us to go.

Comment

Might be up for it again in a couple of weeks Lacehim. Ill keep you posted. The new Cafe is a step up from his old one. It even has a view of the ocean.

Comment

Ill tag along to the next one if im available. Generally most days mid week after 3pm.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Any Sunny Coasters fancy getting together for a coffee?  The kids are back into school mode and Ill go mental if Im left at home on my own.

I can do during the week (between school runs) at Pioneer, Veneziano at Cotton Tree, Costa Noosa or Hardcafe, Noosa.

Also have the option of having a gathering at home one weekend for something different, probably in February.  I can fire up the wood fired oven for pizzas, and I have the San Marino CK & K6 grinder here, and we can get roasting on my KKTO.  I thought this might attract a few CSers that usually cant make a weekday gathering.  I loved the Brisbane gathering at AMs which has inspired me to do the same.

Let me know if you interested here or by PM.  Any Brisbane CSers are more than welcome to join in if you fancy the drive.

Comment

The silence is deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by 022F2D2B2627234E0 link=1282012278/11#11 date=1296168555
                          The silence is deafening.
                          Well I am thinking of having a gathering at a place closer to Town.

It will be in a larger style shop with lots of ROASTING goodies to look at for eye candy - Some very OLD French style gas fired and hand operated roasters etc..

If ya cant get a local going, you may need to visit others down here... Or do BOTH ;D

Comment

I should be able to do both - only on a weekend for me, though, because of working during the week having priority...

Cheers
                            Di

Comment

Sounds good AM & Di. Im up for a visit to Brissy. I really enjoyed the last one.

Hopefully a few Sunshine Coast or SE Qld CSers in general will show interested in a social gathering. Ive got a lot to learn about the coffee path and its good to chat to others interested in coffee, to expand my knowledge and share my experiences so far. Ill make sure to invite you guys along

Comment

Working...
                              X