Keep Cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Cups

Weve just been issued with these nifty plastic reusable keepcups where I work, supposedly to cut down on takeaway waste

I know Merlo downstairs (Brisbane Riverside) offers a discount if you use it but was just wondering if any other (decent ) coffee places offer a simillar deal?

Re: Keep Cups

I got one from First Drop (Veneziano) and I think that they had a deal at that time.
    The last time I went they no longer had the cups.

I find the lid is a little hard to take off. Also the cup is a little wide for my cars cup holder, it still fits though.
    Howards Storage sells the cup as well (no coffee though!).
    Smells can penetrate into the plastic. I used mine as an orange peel bucket and the smell and taste still hasnt gone.
    Despite all this it is a good take away cup that doesnt leak as much as other cups I have used.

Comment

Coffee Hit in Doncaster have their own!

A fair few cafes down here in G town sell/use them, including Torquay Larder in (obviously) Torquay!

Ive had one for about six months now, I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6148484D41464141240 link=1283995812/0#0 date=1283995812
        Weve just been issued with these nifty plastic reusable keepcups where I work
        Nice boss. Theyre not cheap.

Originally posted by 70454A434B240 link=1283995812/2#2 date=1284024240
        I love it!!
        I dont. Customers bring them in unwashed or smelling of peppermint tea and yes, the lids are a pita.

Comment

Originally posted by 59787373746E1D0 link=1283995812/3#3 date=1284027695
           Customers bring them in unwashed
          now thats just gross...

Comment

just looking at it makes me happy though

and to be fair this coffee traveled upstairs with me so its a bit shaken

[img width=200 height=150]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41147_426722856394_752021394_5146422_3051811_n.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 59787373746E1D0 link=1283995812/3#3 date=1284027695

I dont.Customers bring them in unwashed or smelling of peppermint tea and yes, the lids are a pita.  
              oh ewww, what, they think youre going to wash it for them?

Ive never had a problem getting the lid off myself, maybe I got lucky!

I like mine, its what keeps me from getting stabby on the way to work. I get a pourover most mornings from member HDs fine establishment for the drive to the office.

Comment

Ive got one with Campos stamped on it and prior to that had just a standard keep cup, which I gave away.

Cant say Ive had a problem getting the lid off and quite frankly...wouldnt that be a good thing? I mean, last thing you want is your lid coming off mid sip or mid corner! ;D

I must say, that the lids on these cups are far more reliable than the ones for the takeaways ever will be. As for funky flavours...well, I dont use mine as an orange peel bin! ;D

Anyway, were sold enough on these cups that were going to order a bunch for our customers to purchase as well. At least that way, theyll have a nice reusable cup with our brand name on them and I know theyll fit under the groups!!

Comment

Just pop a note inside each one instructing the customer to clean the cup after each use and before bringing it back to you for a refill.

Comment

Originally posted by 3E2E2222392C122A2C214D0 link=1283995812/7#7 date=1284037285
                    I cant say Ive had a problem getting the lid off and quite frankly...wouldnt that be a good thing? I mean, last thing you want is your lid coming off mid sip or mid corner!  ;D
                    My wife has another one, same size - 240ml. The lid comes off much easier. But you are right, Id rather 0.5 second annoyance taking the lid than cleaning up spillage.

Comment

Originally posted by 734F5249434255404843270 link=1283995812/8#8 date=1284038381
                      Just pop a note inside each one instructing the customer to clean the cup after each use and before bringing it back to you for a refill.
                      Make sure you laminate that note because that first coffee, that they will ostensibly get when they buy the cup, will render the note un-readable otherwise

Comment

I love my keep cup!

I got a campos keep cup from a coffee shop near work. it was only $8 (including the coffee, so really $5) which is great, because anywhere else ive seen them theyre about $15 just for the cup. i love that they dont spill, i even dropped a full one once and there was a tiny trickle out the top.

ive never had an issue with the lid... and would never put anything else aromatic in it, as i do notice that even after thorough cleaning it smells quite strongly of coffee...

oh, and ewww taking a dirty cup into a cafe? are these people animals???
                        i always hand the clean cup over when ordering, and i take the lid off flr them so they dont have try and pull it off, its just polite!

I would refuse to take a dirty cup if i was handed one, you could say its an issue of food safety or something...

Comment

mine came with a little instruction booklet with a cute picture reminding you to always hand over a clean empty cup and hold your lid while you pass the base up to order.

It also suggests that you grab a permanent marker and circle on the band your coffee preference i.e. caffe latte/lowfat/sugar/doppio/organic

but... i dont always order the same thing so i didnt want to mark the band!!

Comment

I use mine everyday, but I do clean it after every use.

I have noticed that even with a thorough clean you can still smell coffee, but seeing as I will only use it for coffee I am happy.

When I order I just hand it over with the lid balancing, it is a PITA to remove and put on though.

Comment

I use these great Maxwell Williams double walled ceramic mugs I found at that House homewares shop for $10 (they have a silicon lid that is very easy to remove and clean) and they come in 2 sizes as well (200ml and 260ml). It fits perfectly in my cars cup hoders to boot. Non-sponsor commercial link removed by Mods.

Comment

Working...
                              X