Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Current Affair - Instant Coffee Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Current Affair - Instant Coffee Guide.

A Current Affair - Instant Coffee Guide. 9th Sept 2010

We bring you the all-new guide to instant coffee. Does the most expensive brew taste the best? The results may surprise you.

What the top brands cost

Moccona $8.59
    Robert Timms $8.33
    Nescafe Blend 43 $5.69
    International Roast $3.15

How they rated with barista Robert Forsyth -

1st: Nescafe Blend 43 and Moccona
    3rd: Robert Timms
    4th: International Roast

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7958810

Re: A Current Affair - Instant Coffee Guide.

*gag*

Java "Need I say more?" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4768627F060 link=1284049201/0#0 date=1284049201
      How they rated with barista Robert Forsyth
      poor Robert, does he owe some money to channel 9 maybe? Did something to upset PBL Media? I cant imagine why theyd torture him like this ... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 272E352C272A224F0 link=1284049201/2#2 date=1284063857
        Originally posted by 4768627F060 link=1284049201/0#0 date=1284049201
        How they rated with barista Robert Forsyth
        poor Robert, does he owe some money to channel 9 maybe? Did something to upset PBL Media? I cant imagine why theyd torture him like this ...   ;D

I know a Bishop Robert Forsyth, it was probably him. We clergymen are well versed in the whole spectrum of instant coffees. It doesnt matter how many times you bin the stuff, theres always one more old lady with a tin of International Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by 3E323B3B383831282E295D0 link=1284049201/3#3 date=1284064547
          It doesnt matter how many times you bin the stuff, theres always one more old lady with a tin of International Roast.
          This wont be me when I get old, I hope... ;D ;D

Comment

Not only is this Robert Forsyth not a bishop, he is well known as a coffee roaster, barista comp organiser and judge, he would have been chosen by Ch 9 as his Willoughby Road coffee shopee is within cooee of their Sydney studio, in the shadow of their transmission tower.

Rob didn’t say that the instants were good; he just rated them by taste. I expect bad and worse. Ch 9 wouldn’t say that as they would get more income from the instant makers than from real coffee sellers.

I was brought up on instant. The last time I had instant was about 8 years ago and I swore never to have it again.

In the Ch 9 video, Rob spits it out after tasting. I dont blaim him.

Barry

Comment

Well Robert and the 4 punters all agreed IR was last.
              But the punters rated Robert Timms 1st.

Comment

Shouldnt this thread be in the "non-coffee related" forum ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4E485F544E4951533A0 link=1284049201/7#7 date=1284081150
                  Shouldnt this thread be in the "non-coffee related"  forum ;D
                  *Boom tish*
                  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 7659534E370 link=1284049201/0#0 date=1284049201
                    barista Robert Forsyth
                    I hope he was wearing his white scientist ACA coat : I think going with the disguised voice and back lit to preserve anonymity would have been a better option ;D

Comment

I know from videos at the WBC that Rob cant make Greek/Turkish coffee ;D

I wonder if liquid instant is better than freeze dried ??
                      KK

Comment

Geez people dont yous know nuttin about marketing?

Any publicity is good publicity. In one fell swoop A Current Affair freely publicised (or should that be publicised for free), Rob himself, his business, the coffee industry as a whole (whether it be for instant or fresh who cares) and various brand names.

Way to go, no one will be complaining, and this was the non current affairs non news feel good story of the evening.

Everybody wins! ;D

Ive never seen Rob do the "benevolent / absent minded / nutty professor thing" and he did it well......good marketing in the context of what was being done. And remember, the greatest proportion of the coffee market is instant, the people that drink it take it seriously, and might find it a legitimate if light hearted segment in the show.

There will be a run on the two "best" instants, from supermarket shelves, starting this morning, for the next few days. Thats reality!

Rgdz,
                        A.
                        very first CS site sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by 775447474C6A71405B56545B350 link=1284049201/5#5 date=1284073955
                          I was brought up on instant.
                          My mother preferred to give us milk.

Comment

I had to laugh out loud over these posts.

I’m sure that Rob had his tongue in his cheek while doing the tasting and he would have needed a stronger drink to follow to clense the pallet.

The next time I go to Forsyth’s I will ask for an instant coffee to see the response.

Barry  

Comment

Some funny posts in this thread. ;D

I hope he got paid alot. Although the above poster is right, it is good publicity.

Mind you, if I was a good roaster/barista and ACA approached me, I dont think I could bring myself to do an instant coffee segment!

Comment

Working...
                              X