I love my Giotto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my Giotto!

Tonight I hosted a local Rotary group talk at the Snobbery Too.  

I was a little anxious as always before public speaking and spent the day cleaning and setting up.  33 people were turning up here after 7pm and I was going to give them coffee and cake and talk about coffee and CoffeeSnobs.

It went really well, they all loved the coffee (of course) and the cakes were amazing.  It’s a lot of fun getting a group of people that you have never met and teaching them something they didn’t know.  We ran through beans and processing and touched on roasting and techniques.  It was a great night and everyone really enjoyed it!

The point of this post was really how much I love my ECA Giotto.  I did the talk the whole time I was knocking out lattes and at the end of an hour I had made 35 odd lattes and 3 pots of Darjeeling Tea without as much as a hiccup.  It’s a great machine for home use and it always amazes me just how well it can cope with a crowd too.

The cakes came from a local CoffeeSnob, Diane who is a “Cake Snob” using as many fresh, local ingredients as she can. Sophisticakes by Diane
    http://sophisticakesbydiane.net76.net/Home.html

A couple of before event pictures are below.

Re: I love my Giotto!

Originally posted by 002F2538410 link=1286193659/0#0 date=1286193659
    I had made 35 off lattes  
    I hope you made some good ones too  

Good one. Many of us have already learned about your coffee-making marathon at last years fire disaster.

What beans and what size milk pitcher did you use?

The cakes look yummy but I guess home delivery or mail order is out of the question.  :

I hope it earned you lots of new customers and perhaps some new CS members.

Comment

Originally posted by 212B3E2929263234470 link=1286193659/1#1 date=1286227126
      I had made 35 off lattes
      Hmmm... chair was 12mm to the right so "odd" become "off" ;-)

your coffee-making marathon
      Yeah, but it still amazes me that something that I see as a domestic machine can stand-up to commercial quantities when needed. Im sure that most of the HX machines would do the same, its just that I own a Giotto and put it to the test every now and then with great results.

What beans and what size milk pitcher did you use?
      Espresso Wow of course! I also did some pour-overs with the Harrar Longberry that opened some eyes to how different coffee can be. I used 240ml takeaway cups and a 600ml jug with just enough milk to make the 2 coffees. Latte art was a heart at best and most of the milk was steamed well, the odd one was a little bubbly that was more about my lack of multitasking skills than the equipment.

The cakes look yummy but I guess home delivery or mail order is out of the question.
      Everything I have had from Diane is amazing with a real balance of flavours that you typically dont get with other cakes. Sadly I expect they would freight badly so you will just have to trust me how great they are.

I hope it earned you lots of new customers and perhaps some new CS members.
      It was never about new customers, it really was just about sharing the passion. Thats the fun bit of what we do around here!

Comment

Originally posted by 426D677A030 link=1286193659/2#2 date=1286241267
        Hmmm... chair was 12mm to the right so "odd" become "off"
        Knew that. Yes, I have those ohh periods as well. (See what I mean :P)

Originally posted by 426D677A030 link=1286193659/2#2 date=1286241267
        It was never about new customers, it really was just about sharing the passion.
        I understood that, but I hope you made some converts all the same. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Sounds like a good night all round. Now you just need to find the spare time to get the Boema sorted for the crowds

Comment

Originally posted by 456A607D040 link=1286193659/2#2 date=1286241267
            Hmmm... chair was 12mm to the right so "odd" become "off"
            Find that hard to believe Andy. Looking at the setup at the Snobbery I doubt anything would be even 1mm out. 8-)

I am sure your guests enjoyed the coffe and cakes and will share the passion with others too.

I know what you mean about the Giotto. Have had mine for a month now and love it. Yet to make it work as hard as yours did... but I am sure the day will come.

Comment

Looks like an awesome setup for the gathering and Im sure everyone had a great time! [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Java "Now if you could only learn to park on the right side of the road! " phile
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

My concern would be the water tank, did you have it as is or plumbed in? You must have done well to make multiple coffees and chat at the same time!
                My feelings of envy and upgraditis setting in for sure.
                 That Giotto with those ivory cups stands out like a lighthouse beaming to the lone sailor lost at sea.

Gary

Comment

A really beaut setup there Andy..... 8-)

I dont think Ill ever get close to having to make 35-ish Lattes on the trot but I have made 18 at one Relo get together and like you, very happy with the results (so were the Relos)....

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                  X