Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Coffee Tasting Standards

Hey guys,

Im doing a quality project on coffee for Uni. We have to develop a process to make coffee (in this case, a caffe latte) in which we need to standardise and eliminate variables so that we get the same (best) cup of coffee everytime.

I was wondering if anyone has a checklist or something that the judges use to grade the look, taste etc of coffee in the AASCA (or similar) championships.

Something that i could use to grade the coffee that i make.

Thanks guys.

Re: Official Coffee Tasting Standards

Firstly there is no such thing as "The Best" coffee as all beans vary throughout aging and some beans are still rubbish and wont make good coffee no matter what the technique, which will need to be varied.

So what you have been set is very broad project and the best you can hope for is to minimise the variables and raise the consistancy of the coffee rather than "best coffee". Muck Ds and $tarbucks have tried and failed along with most of the coffee chains.

Comment

yeah i realised that i might have used the wrong words..

what I am searching for is the most consistant coffee through a standardised process. obviously i dont want to make a consistantly BAD coffee..

I was just wondering what the judges use to evaluate the coffee they taste. Is there a checklist that exists? Otherwise I will have to make my own.

Comment

Check the SCAA website, you can download the assessment criteria for the world barista championships there. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

thanks for advice... Ive had a look on the SCAA and i wasnt able to find it..

is it on this page? http://www.scaa.org/?page=resources

if not, could you please point me on the right direction? Thanks.

Comment

First link that came up when i Googled world barista championship score sheet

http://worldbaristachampionship.com/downloads/

There should be some useful stuff on there.

Goodluck with your project.

Comment

Working...
            X