What is the best way you drink your coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way you drink your coffee

Hi, new here but love coffee. Every morning me and the wife go to Gloria Jeans in Oxenford homeworld and buy a triple shot late. The owner there is a bit slow but when the lady, Sam, makes it she does a very good job. The question i have is what is the best way to have it at home. Usually we only drink Nescafe short black at home but i need to get into this a bit more. I hear alot of you guys roast your own and i would like to get into it as well but a bit unsure what every body else finds the best. I usually find the plunger a bit bitter or, by the time i get to drink it , too cold. Do you guys usually have coffee machines or is the best way to coat them in chocolate and eat them all day LOL.
    Just wondering how other people who love coffee drink there in the home.
    Thanks

Re: What is the best way you drink your coffee

where not called coffeesnobs because we like nescafe at home.....

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251468789
    www.supremeroasters.com.au

you better give this bloke a call

oh and welcome Fishstew

Comment

Welcome FishStew, its a wonderful journey from instant to freshly roasted beans, enjoy the journey Instant will become a dirty word 8-)

Comment

Welcome FStew

We have coffee in every way possible even if it is only an experiment

There is a large home roaster contingent in Brisbane and surrounds

Go and see Roger from Supreme Roasters for roasted coffee beans & machines & tell him Koffee Kosmo sent you

KK

Comment

I really like double (doppio) ristrettos. This is a 20-25 ml shot from 19 grams of grounds, either straight, or with 45 ml of steamed milk and sugar to taste.

Greg

Comment

Any way you like it!!

Comment

Americano (double shot with water and a dash of steamed milk in a mug) in the morning to get the heart started.

Unless I can get to the coffee van that comes around at 10am I go without for the rest of the day. They use freshly roasted coffee and they make a great double shot latte - nearly as good as I make at home.

Latte in the afternoon (double shot) to keep it going.

Comment

Drip style, usually through a paper filter, sometimes though flannel sock.

Comment

Hmmm.... :

Would have to be through my much loved Bellina Syphon Brewer (Link here... http://tinyurl.com/3aeyebg ). twas a gift from a fellow CSer and no doubt that makes the brews even nicer.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Long black x 2 in the morning,
                    18 grams beans = approx 30ml on top of 125ml of hot water.

Double shot in the late afternoon 18 grams beans for 25 to 30ml in about 30 seconds.

Comment

Any way I can get a good cup (naturally excludes instunt) Plunger, Pour Over Sock, Syphon, Espresso based and even Cold Press. good Beans with the correct process to suit them and me 8-)

Comment

Fishstew I have no idea, Ive only just started on this journey too, I will tell you though dont make any decisions straight away about which way to go, spend at least a week reading all of the sections in here and other places to try and figure out which way you want to go first.

Ive changed my mind at least 4 times so far ;D

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

English Breakfast Latte with double shot espresso, extra chocolate...

Yes, Im weird and its an old habit of mine from Starbucks days....
                          ... but seriously try it on a bad day and youll know how good it is!

Comment

Originally posted by 3F3A3F3E363B530 link=1287743063/12#12 date=1288324466
                            English Breakfast Latte with double shot espresso, extra chocolate...

Yes, Im weird and its an old habit of mine from Starbucks days....
                            ... but seriously try it on a bad day and youll know how good it is!  
                            Tea, coffee, milk and chocolate, combined! yep, a bit weird. :-?

Comment

Actually, tea + coffee + milk is very normal for asian tastes, I just like it with an extra sugar pick me up that happens to be chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X