Smart Lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Lid

Came across this while trawling the net this evening.
    Interesting and admitedly kinda cool.
    But in thinking about its aplication, I wasnt so convinced.
    At $9 for a pack of 24 lids, they are well above the cost of your ordinary take away lid.  Not sure the extra cost would justify the wow factor.
    Also interested to see the temp at which the colour changes, and how thats effected by whether the foam is touching the lid or if there is an air gap.
    Doubt it can tell you the difference between perfect drinking temp and the barista boiled your milk.
    .. maybe Im reading way too far into it.  But anywhere that Im likely to get a takeaway, I can trust that the barista will steam my milk to perfection and it wont be scalding or luke warm.

Re: Smart Lid

Note:
    Just watched the video on their website which you can find via google.
    It answered a few of my questions. but The price is still somewhat steep, i guess in time, if this catches on the price should come down..
    Its a great idea, so it has the potential to do well, particularly in the states.
    Not sure that its going to make my coffee taste any better though : ;D

Comment

37 cents per lid that changes colour, or 3 cents per lid currently. hmmmmm, think it will take off in the cafe scene?

Comment

I thought Id seen these "on the way" quite some time ago.
        Well theyre here now.

kotaro did the website mention possible reuse?

Comment

Originally posted by 7E425F444E4F584D454E2A0 link=1290084201/3#3 date=1290125434
          kotaro did the website mention possible reuse?
          I dont think theres anything to say that you couldnt re-use them, however - as far as I could see, the website was marketing them as a throw away job.

Comment

The sooner the cafe industry minimises its non recyclable containers the better. Unless is says compostable dont buy it > Corn starch lined containers, reusable cups are a better alternate to gimmicks and marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4F484C434B415444434A2D0 link=1290084201/5#5 date=1290127800
              The sooner the cafe industry minimises its non recyclable containers the better. Unless is says compostable dont buy it  > Corn starch lined containers, reusable cups are a better alternate to gimmicks and marketing.
              mmhmm totally agree BF. And to that end, I cant remember the last time I got a takeaway.
              espresso just doesnt work out of a paper cup ;D

Comment

Working...
              X