• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassway
    replied
    Re: Airtight bags like GrainPro SuperGrainbags, but with a valve

Hi Rubens and welcome.

I dont really see the point. Green beans deteriorate much slower then roasted. I would have it as a guess that a food grade plastic tub with a lid would suffice.
    Like roasted you should only keep what you would go through within that time period. I would guess that keeping humidity and temperature stable would be more important then getting the last bit of air out.

Anyway..... One way valve bags do come in sizes up to 10kg - that is for roasted. You would probably fit 15kg green in.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    Re: Airtight bags like GrainPro SuperGrainbags, but with a valve

Welcome Rubens.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I dont know that would require a 1-Way Valve attached to the above bags, for green coffee. There is a coffee producer called Daterra who market a range of beans called "Brazil Daterra Sweet Collection". I believe that they ship their green beans in plastic wrapped and sealed packages which are then boxed. I dont believe they use any kind of valve on these packages but some of our Roasting Professionals could better answer that.

Probably more important that the beans are stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated area with stable ambient conditions. Wrapped in plastic, I imagine the beans might sweat if the temperature is highly variable and that would be bad. Contact Dennis of Cuppacoffee via PM or phone as I know he has roasted the Daterra beans before and therefore may have some insight on the pros and cons of doing this sort of thing.

All the best mate.....

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• Airtight bags like GrainPro SuperGrainbags, but with a valve

I want to store my 60kg juta bags content inside airtight bags like GrainPro
    SuperGrainbags (http://www.grainpro.com/grainpro-supergrainbag.php) but with
    a one-way valve in order to take out the air inside the bag so to create a
    zero-air atmosphere inside the bags.

Just imagine the the bags in this picture
    http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/vacuum-packing-coffee-conclusions big enough
    to contain 60kg of green coffee.

I need the airtight because Im going to open and close the bag many times,
    to take just the amount of green coffee I need to roast.
    I need the one-way valve to create a zero-air atmosphere inside the bags.

Is there anything like that out there ready to be bought?

Thank your for your help.
Working...
X