Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your 3 favourite beanbay green beans in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were your 3 favourite beanbay green beans in 2010?

Apologies if Ive missed any.

Andy suggested choose your 3 favourite beans, rather than just one.  

Ive listed them in chronological order, as each were listed for sale each month.

Im very curious to see the results - they will be as varied as the amazing beans that Andy has brought us this year!

Sniff

Re: What were your 3 favourite beanbay green beans in 2010?

Ill keep the poll open say till Monday night? (3 January)

Comment

An interesting poll topic Sniff, good idea!

Originally posted by 69776F6274776C6D030 link=1293863335/1#1 date=1293863949
      Ill keep the poll open say till Monday night? (3 January)
      You might want to run it for a month as at this time of year people logon at pretty random times.

I guess like all stats they will not tell us much as I had trouble picking just three beans from 2010 and "favourite" can mean best bean but could also be best value, I guess it depends on each of us.

For my 3...the Peru Ceja rocks, great value and great results theough a wide range of roasting techniques and brewing devices. The Yemen Bani Ismail blows me away everytime and the MTC Honey microlot was the best Aussie coffee I have ever had.

...but having selected 3 I think I could easily add another dozen coffees to my 2010 favourite list and that might be as high as nearly all of them for one reason or another which is why they were in BeanBay in the first place.
      ;D

Ahh... the beauty of great coffee.
      8-)

Comment

Great idea for a thread and very interesting to read Andys favourites.

There are a number on the list that ive yet to have the pleasure of experiencing, but in the end i voted for:

Yemen Bani Ismali, Guatemala Huehuetenango and Haiti Grand Cru de Beaumont.

I also loved the Nicaraguan CoE, although i only experienced it at cafes like Sensory Lab and Maling Room.

Comment

Im with Andy....

Next to impossible to pick only three but I did my best

Mal.

Comment

Great, great poll

and worthy as an annual event.

I went for Nicaragua Cima del Cielo, Yemen Bani Ismail (of course) and Mexico Yeni Navan Typica.

The Nic is just beautiful and like the Peru I found it a really great result every time.

The Yemen needs no reasoning whatsoever - its Yemen ;D. Thanks Andy for letting us stockpile [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I really like the Mexican. We only got one bag of last years offering but this one is right up there for us.

I left the Peru out as it was in my top 3 last year.

Like Andy. 3 could become 6, could become 9 in an instant... ;D

Comment

In am surprised that the 3 I picked were ahead of the Yeman Bani

My 3 are
              Papua New Guinea Elephant Bean, Peru Ceja de Selva Estate, Cup of Excellence Nicaragua 2010

KK

Comment

Ill keep the poll open to the end of January to catch the school holiday returnees.

Mal, Im going to take a wild guess and suggest that Guatemala Huehuetenango was in your top 3.

Sniff

Comment

The Nic cimo, heuhue and the rononi faircrack were my 3 picks for this year, at the rate im using them they might be my pick for next year too lol

Comment

I went for the Venezuala San Cristobal, Peru Ceja de Selva and the Costa Rica San Isidro.

Plenty of other great ones in there though.

Technically, the Rononi was December 2009, so not sure we can put it in the 2010 list. It was great though.

Comment

Not going to vote on this one, as Ive only tried 5 beans being a relative newbie. If the poll is run next year, Ill contribute my 5c once Ive had a chance to sample a reasonable number.

Got to say though, I did like the Peru Ceja De Selva and the Monsoon Malabar is interesting, havent quite worked out if I really like it.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Nic Coe, Harrar Longberry, Haiti Grand Cru, Venezuala San Cristobal, Wahgi, Tanz Rononi and the Mexican Typica, yum.

Maybe next year we need a poll of the least liked... but even then I would struggle to pick 3 I didnt like. I like em all for different reasons! Sigh.

Originally posted by 3F3739313329293539315A0 link=1293863335/10#10 date=1293883133
                        Not going to vote on this one, as Ive only tried 5 beans being a relative newbie
                        Dont let that worry you, vote away. If you didnt try enough different ones to pick a top three then just vote for favourite one so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 7769717C6A6972731D0 link=1293863335/7#7 date=1293876749
                          Mal, Im going to take a wild guess and suggest that Guatemala Huehuetenango was in your top 3.  
                          You could be right Sniff.... ;D

Mal.

Comment

29 snobs have voted so far....

Early polling is suggesting a clear leader with 14.9% of the vote.... 8-)

Comment

I picked two - the two I got some good roasts from out of the three Ive tried roasting thus far. I admit this was not fair on the poor beans I did not roast properly or have a chance to get roasted. Ill definitely be remedying that throughout the year of 2011 . (And hopefully Ill get a chance to grab some Yemen...)

Comment

Working...
                              X