Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best coffee roasters in Australia and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best coffee roasters in Australia and why?

Its easy enough to debate a great cafe. There are plenty in Victoria and other parts of Australia and we talk them in the respective forums.

What Im really dead keen about is a list of great coffee roasters, regardless of whether they run a coffeeshop operation or not.

Any thoughts? Who are these roasters and what makes them great?

Re: Best coffee roasters in Australia and why?

I think they run the Golden Bean awards for that :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 574C45534A7B484B53240 link=1295584637/0#0 date=1295584637
      what makes them great?
      They roast great coffee.

Comment

@ Thundergod

Why the sarcasm?

I double posted, I know. But problem rectified (Ive notified mods).

Question was asked in all honesty. Id like opinions etc. Not looking to troll or shill.

Comment

@ 2MCM

Thanks. I googled and found:
          http://www.cafebiz.net/

Golden Bean results are here:
          http://www.cafebiz.net/files/Golden_Bean_2010_Results.pdf

Happy to still get opinions from forumites too.

Comment

Perhaps you should repost the question of how long is a piece of string. It is a very subjective manner and I think it is fair to say that there are many great roasters in australia and they all offer a different product with their own merits. Thundergods response believe it or not is probably all that needs to be said. I dont drink wine but it would be like saying there is one winery in australia which is the best. You couldnt do it.

If you based it on market share or turnover or profit you might get a definitive answer but that wouldnt indicate the quality of the product.

If you asked me the question who the best roaster in australia is I would say ME!!!! The price is right when I roast, I control the quality, I control the freshness and it is convenient. They are all things important to me.

HTH

Comment

For me, its easy- just like coffee: If you see a sign outside the place that says "Best roaster in xyz", keep walking :

Comment

Great answer Justin!, shawn dont be discouraged by Thundergods sarcasm, its just TG being TG, youll get used to it, as for the question, i would of answered somewhere between 2mcm and Justins answer, yep, commercially on a larger scale perhaps, the golden bean is the big event but on my scale, its what pops out of my roaster in the kitchen.

Just a note, my fav roaster in brissie is prolly Venezianos in west end, closely followed by DiBella......IMHO

Comment

Thanks guys.

I guess you could classify it into several different types of roasters:

Home roasters

Boutique roasters

Small to medium commercial roasters

Large commercial roasters

Comment

Home roaster = ME : : :P

Every thing else = Mr P Wolf (depending on teh day, my taste buds and what greens might be around)

Comment

The best roasters in Australia are the Site Sponsors listed to the left (and Justin B / AM).

Not only do they produce great coffee they support the grass roots members of our forum.

Anyone else would just be getting a free plug in this thread and they dont really deserve it.
                      8-)

Comment

Tried a handful of Local Coffee beans in Melbourne, looking for some CS members recommendations??

Hi all, Ive tried some beans from Coffee Mio (Thornbury, VIC) Jaspers Coffee (Fitzroy, VIC) and am not overly impressed with the flavour, and to be honest I dont really know what flavour Im looking for?? I should have just stuck to the standard Espresso bean, because now I think Im just confusing my taste buds with tasting different blends of beans! Any favourite recommendations for fellow Melburnians?

Comment

Re: Tried a handful of Local Coffee beans in Melbourne, looking for some CS members recommendations??

Try Veniziano in Abbotsford
                          Forza, Bella Vita or Bond Street

also Seven Seeds in Carlton
                          Phat Tony , Black Cult or Espresso

Talk to the staff and tell them what equipment you are using and they will offer really good advice

Comment

Re: Tried a handful of Local Coffee beans in Melbourne, looking for some CS members recommendations??

Di Bella in North Melbourne also have fabulous roasted beans.
                            Why not let let your fingers do the walking and order some roasted beans from this very website. Go to the left hand side of the page. Go to bean bay roasted and buy some of Andys Wow. You will be Wowed. Delivered to your post box very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by 6F6275656E62070 link=1296635796/2#2 date=1296639290
                              Di Bellain North Melbourne also have fabulous roasted beans.
                              Di Bellas Felici blend is my favourite, never seem to get a bad shot out of it 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X