The Antipodes Festival with Greek coffee contest - Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Antipodes Festival with Greek coffee contest - Melbourne

Down the bottom of the home page is a little detail about a briki (greek coffee) contest on Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend in Melbourne. Sounds like a good day out even if your not going to have a go. 

http://www.antipodesfestival.com.au/index.php

Re: The Antipodes Festival with Greek coffee contest - Melbourne

usually at antipodes, being Ive been involved in greek community doings since I was 6.
    Should be a hard contest, considering most greeks are under the impression that they are better than other greeks ;D

Comment

just dont dare call it Turkish coffee ;D Wish I could make it up just for the food

Comment

I always call it turkish coffee, I play a darbuka (egyptian drum) from turkey with a skin on it that has a nice big Istanbul logo. Most people that know me in the dance groups dont mind and know what Im like. The others.... well I like to start singing They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (not Constantinople) for fun :P

either way Im not fussed at all

Comment

Break out the Raki with the dancing then So much good in that part of the world.

Comment

well I went, but there were too many greeks :P so I spent my time with friends at the emerald peacock, drinking my favourite gin and then my favourite scotch.

worked out better. might see the coffee comp tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X