Have you named your machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you named your machine?

Ok ..... this might be a little silly but I was wondering if anybody else gives names to their coffee machine. I am sitting here writing this on "Goat" (Sony Laptop) and wondered if I was the only stupid one to give a name to everything.

Anyway to kick it off.

My machine (Diadema Junior Regal) is called Stefano. I chose Stefano as he was the owner of a small B&B my wife and I stayed in when we were in San Gimignano Italy a few year ago. With an edgeless pool overlooking the town it just seemed to fit with my new machine. After travelling through Italy I knew that I needed a machine when I got home.

It is quite handy as I can now ask my wife to turn on Stefano and she knows exactly what I mean!

The Compak K3 Touch grinder is called Grinderman after the band (Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Martyn Casey and Jim Sclavunos). It was on the radio and just seemed to fit. I actually wanted Grinderman 2 to match the new album but as the Compak is my first grinder my wife wouldnt let me

If I dont get any other machine namers then I know that I must be crazy.

Cheers

Stinky.

Re: Have you named your machine?

I just call mine "the grinder" and "the coffee machine".

I was never one to name things. (I guess thats obvious.)

Greg

Comment

Coffee machine is the general. Grinder is Sid.

You are not as crazy as me.

Comment

Any reason behind "The General" and "Sid" ....... especially Sid

Comment

B-1 & B-2 ;D

Machine, Bezzera BZ 40 is B-1
          Grinder, BNZ MD74 is B-2

;D ;D ;D

KK

Comment

Stinky...

My machine is known as the "Sexy Elektra"...

We name everything here too...

The Ducati is Desdemona...

The Chevy is Mr Mojo...

The Hilux has earned Striker (as it seems to have a lot of bird strikes out here!)

And the scooter is really original...Scoot.  ;D

The ride on lawn mower is the Bulldog.

Hmm...the tractor hasnt really got a name however! 

My camper trailer is "the beach house"...more of a description than a name I guess!

Comment

The Maver and the Macap M4 were David & Goliath, but it doesnt really fit now that I have the Musica or "Miffy", as in Spiffy Miffy. Miffy & Goliath just doesnt sound the same...

Each one of my cars Ive ever owned has had a name based on its number plate - my current cars name is Bekkie.

My iPhone is FRED, which I pinched off Scoots and, when Im running the Tom Tom on it, it becomes FREND (Navigation being inserted into the name).

Petes Ute is nicknamed (by me) as The Turd because I keep telling him he cant polish it, no matter how many turbos, snorkels, shockies, etc he wants to strap on.

So, no, youre not the only one, Stinky (somehow it just feels wrong calling you that!)

Comment

I dont like naming things, but my partner calls the Lelit "Your first born" and the Super Jolly "The Beast".

Comment

My Expobar is called Elena (Spanish for shiny).
                  The Macap doesnt have a name.
                  My two coffee trees are Bill and Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by 62455341592A0 link=1300868928/6#6 date=1300878104
                    I have the Musica or "Miffy", as in Spiffy Miffy. Miffy & Goliath just doesnt sound the same... /\/
                    How about - "Miffy and The Man".... Kind of has a ring to it : ;D

Mal.

Comment

EM6910 coffee machine: "Dragster". Because it has the propensity to shake and rumble like a drag car at idle, rattling the cups on the warmer.

Coretto: "Bread killer". I only liked the thing for kneading dough. Not a fan of bread coming out of bread machines.

FZ-RR 700 Baby Roaster: "Maccaras" Thats the sound it makes when i pick it up to shake every minute.

San Marino coffee machine at work: "Brown Bertha"
                      Its so 90s.

Gary at G

Comment

Originally posted by 547365776F1C0 link=1300868928/6#6 date=1300878104
                        My iPhone is FRED, which I pinched off Scoots and, when Im running the Tom Tom on it, it becomes FREND (Navigation being inserted into the name).
                        Oh yeah...forgot Id called my Navman Fred. ;D I think I originally pinched that name from somewhere too...just cant remember!

One of the planes Mark used to fly was nicknamed Bob...Ill let you guys figure that one out... ;D

Comment

My Isomac Tea Hx is called "Maria" after Tia Maria!!
                          my roaster is called "Torre" after Torrefattore!
                          my son calls his 6910 the "Jackhammer" due to the loud noises emanating from said machine!

Comment

That other Woman

OR

The other Woman

* Depends on who is speaking  ;D

Comment

Machine. Always with the prefix The. The Machine commands no less.

Comment

Working...
                              X