As beans get older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As beans get older

As your roasted beans age what changes do you make to your brewing technique ie grind, dose, tamp, if any ????

Re: As beans get older

I personally only adjust the grind slightly finer....but seeing as a bag only lasts me about three days, it doesnt normally have to change much.

I always try and keep dose and tamp the same no matter the bean. The less variables the better as far as Im concerned.

Comment

Thanks Richard [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Im with Richard on this too. As a data point (of perhaps dubious value...) - I dose my grinder with a volumetric measure and then grind.. So the volume is constant, the tamp is constant..

What changes is the grind - and that turns out to be about a quarter of a turn on the worm drive "micro" adjuster on the Macap every couple of days. The problem with this is that someone ( ;D ) forgets to re-set when the bag-o-beans runs out and you end up with a choke on the Silvia for the first pull out of a new bag.

Doesnt matter how many times I do this, I seem to never be able to remember!

Cheers
        /Kevin

Comment

Thanks guys (and Andy), took on your advice and adjusted grind, with some great results, 23 day old Colombian Volcan Galeras pouring nicely and drinking beautifully.

Comment

Working...
          X