Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure drop

Hi All

first time post, I have inherited a 10 year old San Marino semi commercial. I have cleaned and de-scaled and it is working great, and making great coffee too. I have noticed the pressure bar heats to 1.25bar then starts to drop to just above 1 bar (in about 40 seconds) then boils back up to 1.25 pretty quickly as a continuing cycle. Is this normal?

Re: pressure drop

Originally posted by 3D3C373435373D3434520 link=1301616175/0#0 date=1301616175
    Hi All

first time post, I have inherited a 10 year old San Marino semi commercial. I have cleaned and de-scaled and it is working great, and making great coffee too. I have noticed the pressure bar heats to 1.25bar then starts to drop to just above 1 bar (in about 40 seconds) then boils back up to 1.25 pretty quickly as a continuing cycle. Is this normal?
    Depending on location and maybe some minor / minor leaks it is neither BAD nor Great.

Keep an eye on it and if it is stable, then no big issue. Just do not leave it running all day at home

Comment

Welcome "onefgeoff".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

More than likely, this machine will have a commercial type Pressurestat and that category of deadband range is quite typical for them so I wouldnt worry too much.

Like AM says though, if it starts to behave erratically or the deadband widens significantly, then it will be time to either service the Pressurestat or buy a new one....

Mal.

Comment

thanks guys, i watched it over the weekend and deadband time was ranging from 40-50 seconds, so from what you have said Im taking it as normal.

Comment

Working...
        X