Coffee Joulies – your coffee, just right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Joulies – your coffee, just right

Coffee Joulies work with your coffee to achieve two goals. First, they absorb extra thermal energy in your coffee when it’s served too hot, cooling it down to a drinkable temperature three times faster than normal. Next, they release that stored energy back into your coffee keeping it in the right temperature range twice as long.

Tech Specs:

Shell Material: Polished Food-Grade 18/10 Stainless Steel
    Inner Material: Proprietary Phase Change Material (PCM), melting point140°F (60°C)
    Displacement: 0.75 oz (1.5 Tbsp) per bean
    Coffee Volume Per Bean: 5 oz including bean (4.25 oz without bean)
    Coffee Volume Reduction: 15%
    The “Right” Temperature Range: 140°F to 130°F

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/705847536/coffee-joulies-your-coffee-just-right

Re: Coffee Joulies – your coffee, just right

...or go somewhere that makes your coffee at the right temperature!

Fields Metal would melt at about 60C. or you could make it using Gallium which will melt in the palm of your hand (30C odd)

Interesting idea but I would still prefer to have coffee at the right temperature.

Comment

Hmmmm.  I wonder what the chances are of chipping a tooth on your final swig?  Or worse, chipping your porcelain bowl after having to wait 8 hours (excuse my "passing" attempt at humour) 

Cheers,

-Alchemist-

Comment

Originally posted by 5C7079797A7A404E6A7E79797A6D1F0 link=1301664328/2#2 date=1301693665
        Hmmmm.  I wonder what the chances are of chipping a tooth on your final swig?  Or worse, chipping your porcelain bowl after having to wait 8 hours (excuse my "passing" attempt at humour) 

Cheers,

-Alchemist-
        Show some recept for those undeturd who are prepared to stand on a stool and encourage a movement in developing a product and taking it from fecus to maturity rising above dejection. Those are the people who commode my respect! ;D

Comment

Seriously? Are they an april fools joke?

Comment

Working...
          X