Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your machine

Hi all

How do people best clean the outside of there stainless steel machine? I used the stainless steel wipes but I dont think they work great with the heat. My machine is looking a bit blotchy and would live to return it to its original beauty

Re: Cleaning your machine

Gday kanda...

The best method Ive found over the years, is to use two decent microfibre cloths. One damp (with filtered water of course :) and the other dry.

Wait until your machine has cooled down and then wax-on with the damp cloth and wax-off with the dry one immediately afterwards. Do small sections at a time like this to avoid allowing the dampness to dry out, then your machine will always look like new. 8-)

No chemicals allowed near my Extra.... :P

Mal.

Comment

I use white vinegar to get the marks off, then filtered water, then dry cloth. Make it sparkle like new

The cloth I use to do it is one we use at work that we get from a wholesaler - Chux Masslin. I think they can only be bought in rolls of 65m for around $40 though, so theyre not cheap, but great for household cleaning, and dont fall apart at all (made of Rayon).

Comment

Originally posted by 64494D414C200 link=1302871193/1#1 date=1302876506
        Gday kanda...

The best method Ive found over the years, is to use two decent microfibre cloths. One damp (with filtered water of course :) and the other dry.

Wait until your machine has cooled down and then wax-on with the damp cloth and wax-off with the dry one immediately afterwards. Do small sections at a time like this to avoid allowing the dampness to dry out, then your machine will always look like new. 8-)

No chemicals allowed near my Extra.... :P

Mal.
        Same here, microfibre cloths are great. Dont find a need for any chemicals.

Comment

Since Im in a pedantic mood, Ill point out that water is a chemical...

Comment

I use a water/vinegar mix in a spray bottle (I use that for most cleaning jobs around the house). Spray, wipe clean with a wet cloth, then imediately shine with a paper towel.

Comment

Originally posted by 370C130B0611630 link=1302871193/5#5 date=1303070258
              I use a water/vinegar mix in a spray bottle (I use that for most cleaning jobs around the house). Spray, wipe clean with a wet cloth, then imediately shine with a paper towel
              Need to be careful using paper though, as it can be abrasive and eventually cause crazing to the surface. Hard to beat plain water with no additives and a little elbow grease. My machine probably looks shinier now than it did after first unpacking it.

Great invention, microfibre cloths.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Cheers for the tip Mal

Comment

Working...
                X