Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E61 Naked group handle

Hi Snobs,
    Im seeking your advice as I would like to purchase a E61 naked group handle - obviously from a site sponsor.
    Should I be purchasing a basket and spring thingy too, (not to mention custom tamper)? I am thinking that they will all match in size then, or is it not that critical?

thanks
    Lynn

Re: E61 Naked group handle

Unless there is a problem with your spring or its getting old and worn or soft or youre changing basket styles theres not much need for a new spring. A custom tamper is always a nice thing to have, and if youre buying that then you should definitely order a basket with it so that you know the tamper will be the correct size for your basket.

Java "Just went bottomless" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Thanks Javaphile - the vision of a bottomless Javaphile mmmhhh! ;D

Comment

If you already have a good tamper and matching basket. No need to change them. If not, then as javaphile says, order them together so they match.

Comment

Important the basket matches the Tamper so chat to Pullman about both. Another easy option is Coffee Parts and they will do you a naked PF and bits too.

Either that or if you have a spare PF laying around and are either a bit handy or know of someone who is then make your own 8-) Bit of a tidy up with a dremel and it worked a treat.

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

In the past Ive purchased bottomless group handles from Bombora and they came with a triple basket.

Good price too.

Comment

I just took a group handle to a local machining shop who made me it bottomless for $10 - it took 5 mins, too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by 6B4752524E43517963544F45260 link=1305420277/7#7 date=1305680595
                  I just took a group handle to a local machining shop who made me it bottomless for $10 - it took 5 mins, too easy.
                  Bargain, a single hole saw would cost more than that (at least a decent quality one would).

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the hole of their naked gh (for a 58mm handle)?

Actually I just remembered I had my drill & hole saw kit in the car. I have 3 GHs for the Oscar at work and only ever use 2, so grabbed the oldest looking one and a 55mm hole saw and away I went. Not a bad job, just needs some tidying up tonight in the shed. Now if only they weren’t re-carpeting the team room I could give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by 21202A392722384B0 link=1305420277/8#8 date=1305692773
                    Can anyone tell me the diameter of the hole of their naked gh (for a 58mm handle)?
                    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1304379949/6#6

Java "Enthralled by the pour" phile
                    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X